Beginning diver in the Keys - would you be my buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrx3000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey there, thanks for looking in!

I am a beginning diver, in the Keys for a few months - staying at Cudjoe key. I'd like to do as much diving as I can during the stay - looking for dive buddies. I have all of 10 dives to my credit, but don't let that scare you :confused: I am 35, male, mwc - so this isn't a hidden personal ad :) Anytime during the week is good, and anywhere within driving distance.

Also, if you have dive boat recommendations that are good for beginners - let me know.

Hi mrx,

I will be in LBTS Nov 11-19, I have decided to rent a car in case I have to go search for the sun. I am also sneaking my laptop down(against girlfriends orders) so I will be able to keep in touch. I too am a fairly new diver and could use some dive buddies. If we take a day trip down there I will try to get ahold of you.
Any idea how long a drive that would be? Thanks-Later-Jan.

According to Google maps - about 4 hours. It usually takes me about 2.5-3 hours depending on traffic to get from here to Miami, so that's probably about right. It's a bit of a trip for sure.

If you decide to come down here - drop me an email (I sent you a PM with address).

According to Google maps - about 4 hours. It usually takes me about 2.5-3 hours depending on traffic to get from here to Miami, so that's probably about right. It's a bit of a trip for sure.

If you decide to come down here - drop me an email (I sent you a PM with address).

Mr X,

Take a look at this thread for Thanksgiving Weekend. I've posted up the more advanced wreck dives but there will be shallow dives happening at the same time for both mornings and afternoon trips. And you'll get to meet more folks from the board to plan future dives with. It's a win-win weekend :)

Or you could call SilentWorld and see if ther are anymore spots open for the reunion boat. Nov 21-23rd that way you will be with lots of divers here. So yes you will have a buddy lots of them. Check out the trips and market place and call SilentWorld.

Mr X,

Take a look at this thread for Thanksgiving Weekend. I've posted up the more advanced wreck dives but there will be shallow dives happening at the same time for both mornings and afternoon trips. And you'll get to meet more folks from the board to plan future dives with. It's a win-win weekend :)

Woohoo! the 28th is gonna be a blast!

Hey mrx, Room, board, and dock and Ill dive with you anytime. I havent done any dives by cudjoe, but some what familiar with the area around sugarloaf. American shoal is pretty close by, and the Sambos are also nearby, granted they may be closed for research by now.

I don't know about room and board - but there is a dock here :)

Hey mrx, Room, board, and dock and Ill dive with you anytime. I havent done any dives by cudjoe, but some what familiar with the area around sugarloaf. American shoal is pretty close by, and the Sambos are also nearby, granted they may be closed for research by now.

Mrx I ws kidding about the room and board, but having a dock is nice,thats if it can handle 35ft of boat. When that far south I usually prefer the Koa at Sugarloaf, heated pool, hopefully a new ramp by now, and Duvall st. right down the road..lol. Im dying for some diving and lobster down there , Im having withdrawl symptoms since its going to be a year since going down there. Ill keep in touch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom