Belize from Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

achu

Reaction score
Has anyone gone to Belize from Cozumel? What is the best way to go? Any hints or suggestions on places to go? Diving? food? Lodging?

Achu

Achu:
Hi! I haven't done it.
Once you're in Belize City, are you looking to go to Ambergris Caye? How long do you want to stay?
"Gaz" is a member in this board and lives in Belize and has a dive operation there. You might want to send him a PM and he might be able to "show you around" if it's only a long weekend.
Good luck. I miss you! David just asked me if you would be in Cozumel when we are there this November, and I told him I didn't know!
On the air if you go Cancun to Houston you can go to Belize City. You can't do it from Cozumel becuase it's a misconnection. The flight leaves Coz too late to catch the last flight to Belize. And it's not cheap at all! Crazy I know. So close yet so far away!

Achu, that was my goal last year befor being recalled. Will try again this winter. For C and I taking the bus down to Chetamal is real easy. Spend the night and the next morning bus to Belize City or one of the other , nearer towns. Cheap and Chetamal is a real nice city. It could all be done straight thru but more push then I need and I'd rather do it in daylight.

Also no flights worked without a lot of money. $$$$$$, that's dive money

good luck don O

Thanks Don O and Natasha!

Here is the plan, I´m goign to take Don O´s suggestion to just bus it to Chetumal and spend the night there. I´ve been looking at the bus schedules and the plane flight and ferry schedules... I don´t want to be really rushed... I´d rather just get to Chetumal and have some time to relax and figure out the next step.

I then plan on taking a bus through the border to Corozal, Belize and either take the ferry, or a flight to San Pedro. I already have what looks like a really cute B&B picked out. (I´m hoping to squeeze out all the "secret local spots" out of the owners... it is only fair since I tell all of our guests here at HSM all the local secrets!!!)

I miss you to Natasha! (tell that hubby of yours I said hello!) I´ll let you know all about Belize when I get back. By the way, what is Gaz´s address?

Achu

Achu. one more thing, I did find a boat that goes from Corozal to San Pedro. On the map, that looks like a lot shorter boat ride. I like the boat ideal to San Pedro, but on a bad day it can be really bad. So I would look at the shorter trip. Did you find the Ambergris Caye web site ? Also, in it are a lot of referals to another good Belize web site. When are you going ?

adios don O

I found what looks to be a wonderful little B&B on Ambergris Caye. I´ll be off in 2 days!

Thanks for all the help!

Achu

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom