Belize in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beej1123

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for some advice on where to stay in Belize. There are 5 of us going...2 are divers, the rest non-divers. The 2 divers are only looking to do maybe 2-3 days of diving. We are also looking to do some snorkeling and some other activities. Would appreciate input from anyone and suggesstions.

Thanks
Bernadette

There are lots of places here. Get an idea of what you want to do and look on the Internet. San Pedro is more of a party town with convenient diving close by. Placencia is more remote and the diving is a fairly long boat ride out to the reef. Caye Caulker, the Atholls are great but expensive. Hard to recommend one place. There are a lot of good ones. Hank

I found Caye Caulker to be very reasonable if your expectations aren't for a 5-star. I found a very comfortable place for about $12.50 US per night.

However, March is the end of storm season if I'm not mistaken. I was there Jan-March and was blown out the entire last week by strong winds.

Dr. Bill

Caye Caulker is an amazing place to stay if your looking for that "island" atmosphere, water is beautiful,food is great. diving and snorkeling is great as well

Me and the wife stayed at Ramon's on Ambergris Caye, just at the south end of San Pedro. It is a little pricy, but I strongly recommend it, an Island atmosphere with town activities and more a very short distance away.

They have there own diving operation and can hook you up with all kinds of excusions. Myan ruins, manatee watches, inner-tubing in a river through a mountain, etc...

Back
Top Bottom