Belize Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZzzKing

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I know this isn't the Central America forum but I kind of wanted input from my fellow Texians and Swampers. Have any of you spent much time in Belize? Who did you dive with? Good experiences or bad experiences? Did you spend any time on the mainland? Just diving? What about bone fishing? Thanks for the input!

Been to Ambergris Caye, dove with Amigos Del Mar - 1st class outfit, diving was great, lotsa fish, friendly people.

Blue hole? - kinda a "been there, done that" kinda dive.. not one I'd do twice. (Unless I go do it as a technical)

D.

I was in Belize last month for about a week. We stayed on Ambergris Caye the whole time, although my wife went on a Mayan ruins trip on the mainland, I was there to dive. I highly recommend Ecologic Divers. They are a new operation started by some of the most experienced dive masters on the island. All the equipment is new and well taken care of, although I brought my own, which they meticulously cleaned and stored for me after every dive. What more can you say about a dive operation that will take one diver out for an entire day of diving. The average amount of divers we had on a boat was three, one day we had five. Lots of fish big and small. The barrier reef is close to the island, within eyesight which is easy diving, 35 to 90 feet no current. Ecologic Divers e-mailed me some forty pictures they took of my dives. As far as non diving goes the food is good and the people are extremely friendly, the island is small and easy to get around on foot. Dan

My Cousin & a group of investors put in the runway and other such stuff on Ambergris years back when nothing was there but sand, surf and palms . One of the guys is still around. Say Hi to John Woods when your there.

Stay on the Island... If you go to the City leave your Kinky Freedman bumper stickers at the hotel and pack some heat, or at least an icepick if you plan to hang out on the mainland very long.
Oh yea.. Dude, leave that new Rolex at home !
Nasty things have been known to happen there.....

Timeliner:
My Cousin & a group of investors put in the runway and other such stuff on Ambergris years back when nothing was there but sand, surf and palms . One of the guys is still around. Say Hi to John Woods when your there.

Stay on the Island... If you go to the City leave your Kinky Freedman bumper stickers at the hotel and pack some heat, or at least an icepick if you plan to hang out on the mainland very long.
Oh yea.. Dude, leave that new Rolex at home !
Nasty things have been known to happen there.....

No worry about the watch. I don't own a Rolex, or any four figure watch for that matter. I'll make do with my modestly priced Citizen Aqualand for now. Good to know about mainland security.

ZzzKing:
I know this isn't the Central America forum but I kind of wanted input from my fellow Texians and Swampers. Have any of you spent much time in Belize? Who did you dive with? Good experiences or bad experiences? Did you spend any time on the mainland? Just diving? What about bone fishing? Thanks for the input!

Went to Belize last year. Had a great time. Stayed in Ambergris. My wife and I dove with Robbie http://www.ambergriscayediving.com/. He was a blast and safe. His rental gear looked new, so if you rent this is an added bonus.

My wife and I went to Tilkal for our land adventure.

Great Trip!

I love it there. I want to head back, when I have more time. We spent our time in San Pedro. Hop in the boat and your diving within a couple of minutes. It is a very quiet / calm place......Have fun..

Kenny

ZzzKing:
No worry about the watch. I don't own a Rolex, or any four figure watch for that matter. I'll make do with my modestly priced Citizen Aqualand for now. Good to know about mainland security.

Treat Belize City like you would like Washington D.C. A city like all others that you have to be aware in, and of your money because politican requests for money are like the poor begging in Belize city.

I've been to Belize 4 times, and I've loved every second of it. I second the Amigos Del Mar, and Alonzo Flota @ www.underdasea.com :sappy: you really should go to a restaurant called the Reef, its got a sandy floor, paper napkins, and amazing cheap local food. Ideally, a hole in the wall :) Use bicycles for getting around, they're sooo much easier!

PM me more if you have any questions... I love Belize!!!!!!!!!!:sappy: :sappy: :sappy:

Back
Top Bottom