Belize resorts -- seeking advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swoodley

Registered
Reaction score
A diving friend/buddy and I are just starting to make plans for a trip to Belize this fall.

We already know that we want to avoid the more developed Ambegeris Cay and stay and one of the remot resorts on an island atoll. This will be a DIVING vacation. But, I wouldn't mind some time out to "chill" on the beach, snorkle in the local lagoon, kayake or what have you. Please, no night life except a good book, some good food (but nothing fancy) and good company.

To that end, we are wondering what people here have to say (positive or negative) about any of the following resorts:

-Blackbird Caye Resort (www.blackbirdresort.com/welcome.html)

-Turneffe Flats: (www.tflats.com/index.html)

-Turneffe Island Lodge (www.turneffelodge.com)

-Light House Reef Resort (www.scuba-dive-belize.com/index.html)

Can anyone give us an idea of how these different resorts compare to each other? Also, I know it is closed until 2004 (what's the deal with that anyway?) but how does Manta Resort compare against these others? Of course, if there are any good ones I missed, I am interested in hearing about them too.

Thank you in advance for all advice, support, wise cracks etc.

-Sam W.

Hi There

If it were my choice I would choose Lighthouse reef Resort as i consider Lighthouse superior diving to Turneffe Glovers is also comparable to Lighthouse also.

FYI while Ambergris is developed around San pedro the NORTH end of Ambergris offers comparable seclusion to the island but with the added benefit of being able to do some other things such as day trisp to Mayan Ruins, Cave tubing etc.

Lighthouse and the like are too remote to be able to mix things up a little.

Have a great trip and if you go to Lighthouse Resort say Hi to Thomas the manager for me

Dive Safe

Gaz

Diving at Lighthouse is very fine indeed. It is 60 miles offshore so the fishermen have not ruined it. Lots of fish. Wall diving with nice shallow flats to play in.

We just got back from Blackbird Caye and had a great time!
The food was very good, and the accomodations were nice as well. Though it is a bit a ways from light house, there were some very nice dive spots in the area.

If you do decide to go to Blackbird, plse say hi to David the manager for us (Julie&Scott).

I'll be posting a more detailed travelogue in the next few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom