Belize Sun Dancer vs Belize Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got off the Aggressor for the Jan 4 - Jan 11 trip. I'm sitting in the lobby of the Radisson Hotel using their wifi while I wait for our transport back to the airport. If you are coming in early or staying on, the Radisson is the perfect location as both the Aggressor and the Dancer use the Radisson dock and wifi services. I spent the week on the Aggressor, but had the opportunity to check out the Dancer too. The Aggressor is newer, and the dive deck is less cluttered. The cabins are bunk style, but even though we had two days of no diving due to bad weather, we spent very little time in the cabins. We showered on the swim deck the entire trip. Hot water and soap/shampoo on the swim deck showers. The Aggressor has a huge selection of movies (over 500), but new movies are always a hit. The food was fantastic. Chef Yanis was amazing. Every meal was delicious. The rest of the staff were great, friendly, and helpful. I cannot say enough about the staff. Once you leave the dock, you no longer have cell phone or internet access. You can use the Sat phone for $5 per min if you chose. While docked, you have access to the Radisson's wifi. Username and passwords are provided on the boat. The diving was great; however we did not make it to the blue hole due to weather. Apparently it is a hit or miss on the hole. They get there about 50% of the time. That said, the staff refer to the hole as the hole of disappointment. Pack lite. You don't need much at all. Just your scuba gear and bathing suits. Highly recommend either Aggressor or Dancer. Have fun !

Well, my wife and I are booked for our 2nd liveaboard experience! Last summer we enjoyed Belize Aggressor III. It was a great experience. They spoiled us beyond belief. Seriously, the crew could write the book on customer service. Last summer when both boats returned to the pier we toured the Sun Dancer II, and talked with some of the divers from that boat. It looked great to us, and we heard nothing but rave reviews from the divers who were on SD II. This summer we will be on Sun Dancer II, and are looking forward to seeing the differences. Of course the main thing is the diving and Lighthouse Atoll is just an amazing location to dive. I will also say that if we for some reason we didn't get to the Blue Hole, that would be fine with us. I would rather spend more dives around Lighthouse. Making a deep bounce with very little coral and fish life is just not as interesting as the wall dives at Lighthouse.

If you get enough divers on board who would rather skip Blue Hole they will accommodate.

We usually fly in a day early and stay at the Raddison. We also book a room on Friday with a late check out Saturday. This avoids the being rushed off the boat at 0800 when your flight is at 1400.

And i just ran across a picture that depicts the new "FIN REMOVAL" service in action...
fr.jpg
Boat Ladders | www.kengiffen.com

Use whatever boat Jerry is cooking on. All other considerations are secondary.

My wife and I were on the dancer last spring and had a wonderful time. We had absolutely no complaints about the boat or crew.

Have done the dancer multiple times. Same itenary so no difference their. Dancer is a bigger boat. Has rooms on multiple levels. Aggressor is all below deck with small port holes. No hard liquor available anymore, just beer & wine.

I am not sure about the old vs young crowd or the larger dive deck claims.

Dancer Fin removal service was a new feature. Kind of weird at first, but I grew to love it. Missed it a few times when our night dives stretched a little long..

Jerry does a great job in the galley.

Hi all, how "old" is "old crowd" on the Aggressor? :p

M

Anyone can book any yacht. I just don't get how anyone would be able to guess which boat might have older vs. younger divers unless the Aggressor/Dancer Staff in Augusta did analysis of their data base passenger/divers and published it. Last year on Belize Aggressor we had mostly a younger crowd.

We did the Dancer last year and went touring at the end of the week with guests from the Aggressor and saw others from the Aggressor as well. I would not say they were older than our group. We had a mix and they had a mix. We have been on several liveaboards and our group the week we were on the Dancer was about the same as it always is.

I think the myth of older guests comes into play because Aggressor's price is usually a little higher and the younger crowd may be searching more for bargains. Not so in my case. I am middle aged and I still look for a bargain. I think everything just depends on the week you book as to the ages on board.

A2w#|•W2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 02:42 PM ----------

Qq

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 02:45 PM ----------

Qqqqqqqqqq11aqqq@Qq

---------- Post added March 8th, 2014 at 02:46 PM ----------

~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/