Belize : Which Island (atoll) is best to stay on???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dougdrury

Registered
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Belize in late November 2003. Which area is best to stay on? Ambergris Caye? Terneffe Islands? Caye Caulker? Caye Chapel? We will be staying a week and know that Belize is about 100% boat diving. The blue hole is a must for us. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Doug:confused:

The atolls definately have the better diving. Ambergris Caye is not an atoll, it is an island behind the barrier reef. If you are looking for all diving with NO night life at all (my favorite kind of place) the atolls are where you want to be. If you need more topside than a beach, kayaks, and palm trees, then you probably want to go with Ambergris. Let me repeat again...the atolls have MUCH MUCH better diving, and the Blue Hole is LONG boat ride from Ambergris, as in all day. The two places I would recommend from what I have read and been told by others if you want to go to the atolls are Manta Resort on Glovers Reef, and Turneffe Island Lodge on Turneffe Atoll. Good luck and have fun wherever you choose!

AggieDiver

dougdrury once bubbled...
We are planning a trip to Belize in late November 2003. Which area is best to stay on? Ambergris Caye? Terneffe Islands? Caye Caulker? Caye Chapel? We will be staying a week and know that Belize is about 100% boat diving. The blue hole is a must for us. Any information would be great. Thanks in advance.

Doug:confused:

You won't be disappointed if you were to stay at Lighthouse Reef Resort. - short boat rides to the best diving, nice accomodations and food, beautiful beach. However, there's nothing else on the atoll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom