Bell at Kimberling city

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attached picture (if I succeeded) is of the old and new bridges before the dam was completed.

theskull

Attachments

• oldbridge.jpg
    oldbridge.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 622
Since that worked, here is a pic of the old bridge now underwater, taken by sidescan sonar.

theskull

Attachments

• ghostbridge.jpg
    ghostbridge.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 427
By the way, how is the vis down there?

Typically poor, in the 5-10 ft. range, and much less than that at the bottom in the old riverbed--very silty there. It is very cool, though to follow the superstructure with just shadows ahead of you, and know where you are according to the curve of the arch and where the cross supports are.

theskull

The Kimberling Bridge then:

kimberlingbridges.jpg

The Kimberling Bridge now on side scan sonar:

S00021.jpg

Been there and done that. Perhaps you need to explain to these people the bell is not part of the original bridge but was hung there later as a memorial to a friend and that you made the bell and placed it there and it is not historical---yet.

N

Mr, uh, hmmm, Skull, what sonar unit took that scan you posted?

N

theskull you can see the bell on your side scan, small blob just bellow the center far span, yes it's cold but I have made 33 dives on the bridge and haven't had bad vis yet, usually go in the spring and can see from one side to the author .tern your lights off and let your eyes adjust it will blow your mind.

Mr, uh, hmmm, Skull, what sonar unit took that scan you posted?

N

Can't answer that. It was forwarded to me by a friend who got the image from another friend.

Most of my bridge dives have been done in late fall and winter, some in late winter. The vis has always been poor and the water always cold. I don't believe we have ever been able to see the far span from the near span, with or without dive light.

theskull

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom