Below 5.6 with 16mm on mmII

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Just bought a 16mm lens for my mmII min. f stop on lens is 5.6 I am taking wide shots of wrecks in low light .What will happen if I set f below 5.6 ?

Are you using a dome port? You may experience a bit of softness around the edges if you're using a smaller dome port like a 6". Best bet is to try it out and see what happens. If you've got a bracketing feature, that could help. One other option is to shoot at a slower shutter speed. I routinely shoot at 1/30th of a second and 've slowed the shutter down to 1/15th of a second without much issue.

Nothing - the f/5.6 is the effective maximum apurature of the LENS. You can stop that down but you can't open it up any - no more than you can open up the f/3.5 of the main lens on that camera any farther. A old rule of thumb that may prove usefull to you is to shoot a shutter speed no slower than the lenght of the lens you use - 1/15 sec for a 16mm, 1/60 for a 50mm, 1/250 for a 200 ect. UnderWater y'll find it easier to avoid camera shake and you can often get away with a stop or 2 slower shutter speed - as long as your subject will cooperate :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom