Benchmade Model 7?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really like the hook. Great ergonomics, quality construction, and the hook itself is *scary* sharp. I have a thing for quality tools, and this one was a really good purchase. Miles ahead of the other 2 options I bought and returned.

I was thinking of some good adjectives earlier and scary came to mind. Amost gargoyle claw like. It's hard to get me wound-up about a peice of steel but it's the real deal...

I think that if I were to do wreck penetration dives, I'd get me one of those bad boys too.

Benchmade and Spyderco make excellent dive cutting instruments unlike the ChiCom junks put out by others to be claimed as dive knives or dive cutting instruments.

I have several Benchmade Products and can't say enough about them. When I first saw this thread I thought you were talking about a knife and was going to give you the never spend much money on a knife but that looks like a great cutting tool. I might even order one for hunting. I bet it would work great for skinning game.

I think that if I were to do wreck penetration dives, I'd get me one of those bad boys too.

Benchmade and Spyderco make excellent dive cutting instruments unlike the ChiCom junks put out by others to be claimed as dive knives or dive cutting instruments.

Forget wreck penetration... we dive in an ocean filled with derelict nets, monofilment line, and all manner of things that can reach out and grab ya.

I've used mine more than I've used any knife that I've had, just because I know it's there, it's easy to deploy, it's razor sharp, and it's going to stay that way. I don't need to baby the edge like I do titanium knives. Worth far more than the $35 I paid for them.

I've used my shears to cut through monofilament knives many times while diving at Farnsworth, outside of Laguna Beach, and other places where fishing boats pay their visits. I haven't found a need for a Z-knife type or even regular knife yet. I was thinking of wreck penetration dives because you may get tangled up from something that hangs down and you have to whip out this bad boy or a Z-knife and reach up or back to hook onto the line and cut it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom