bent my trio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ComputerJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Did a dive to 175 on air & 100%
Programed the trio for gas 1-air, gas 2-99%
Checked the gasses before splashing everything there
Did the dive and tried to switch gasses an it would not show me gas 2
Continuing the dive on tables I bent the computer for 16 minutes.

Now more than 24 hours latter the dam thing is still flashing at me. How long do I have to wait for it to clear me for diving...a WEEK!

Thanks all

That sucks. Maybe a computer problem?? Contact the mfgr, maybe they can help.

I think the standard time interval for a deco violation is 48 hours.

I think the standard time interval for a deco violation is 48 hours.

BINGO!

48 hours it is.

From now on it is going down to visit the hang bottle. Sure do hope there is a way to verify the programed gasses before leaving the surface. Apparently it timed out and reverted to default while I was floating around on the surface waiting for my buddy to splash.

Thanks all.

Did a dive to 175 on air & 100%
Programed the trio for gas 1-air, gas 2-99%
Checked the gasses before splashing everything there
Did the dive and tried to switch gasses an it would not show me gas 2
Continuing the dive on tables I bent the computer for 16 minutes.

Now more than 24 hours latter the dam thing is still flashing at me. How long do I have to wait for it to clear me for diving...a WEEK!

Thanks all

The NiTek Trio will stay in deco violation for 48 hours - see page 34 of your Trio user manual. Yes, the computer will clear the gas settings after 10 minutes of surface interval. Here is the note we've placed on our website. Note: The NiTek Trio will reset the gas mixture to 99% in between dives with a surface interval of 10 minutes or longer if the gas mixture of the prior dive is not air (21%). Please be certain to reset your gas mixture between dives.

Here is the link to the manual online: SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Manuals New

Let me know if you have any further issues.

Best,
Kathleen

Also if you do a dive in GAGE mode you can not use it as a dive computer for 48 hours.

It would be nice if the gasses would stay programmed IF the wet activation had enabled dive mode or give us longer than 10 minutes to get in the water. I thought that once I was in the water the programming would not revert. Trying to set the gasses on the surface in 3-5 foot seas would be difficult at best OR if it could be re-programed down to 20'...

Your manual, page 28, where you have numbered arrows pointing to the Trio screen, you have two #4's and 2 #5's with no #6 & #7. No clear explaination which one is reffering to the secondary screens

Hey ComputerJoe - is this resolved to your satisfaction - have you found a way to program your gasses and reliably not have the computer reset when you're floating at the surface waiting on a buddy? I've been attracted to this computer; are you happy with it other than the above?

Hey ComputerJoe - is this resolved to your satisfaction - have you found a way to program your gasses and reliably not have the computer reset when you're floating at the surface waiting on a buddy? I've been attracted to this computer; are you happy with it other than the above?

To be honest that was the only dive I have done on it. Either the weather has been bad up here or the weatherman forecasts it to be bad. I don't make plans to go diving, and then it becomes a beautiful day.

Will try and post updates when I get more dives in.

Back
Top Bottom