Beqa Lagoon Fiji - Non diving activities?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SapphireMind

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've got a trip with my LDS that I've been planning for nearly a year. Unfortunately, I broke my dominant hand in two places, a week before leaving :(

Obviously, I'm not going to be diving anymore, but I did convince my hand ortho to give me a splint instead of a cast so I can snorkel and swim.

I am not a sun lover (I'm a little concerned about Fiji's cultural avoidance of hats - I use one for sun protection!) and normally on non diving vacations, I spend a lot of time crafting and reading. I can't craft really because of my hand :/

I'm looking for other things to do while there. I have travel insurance, but I figure, it's still Fiji and a vacation and it was a really good deal. Would love to hear if anyone did any other things while there that they really enjoyed that won't really require two hands.

I'm curious how your trip to Fiji with a broken hand went. Most particularly I'm interested to hear about how you found the snorkeling, and where you might recommend.

My situation is that I dive, but my wife doesn't (she got certified but just could never manage her claustrophobia). So snorkeling is our favorite way to spend time together in the tropics. I'll still do dives, and am particularly a soft corals nut, so we do need to be near the rainbow reef (both for the diving and so I'm not gone all day), but I also want to locate where there's great shore snorkeling.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom