Beqa Lagoon under new management

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those that have been to both (probably a small crowd), how would Beqa Lagoon compare to a place like Little Cayman? Is it comparable diving or better? Is there quiet space available for those of us who would prefer to spend an afternoon lying in a hammock and reading a book?

Been to both. I'm a big fan of the South Pacific and their fish so, for that alone, I preferred Beqa to Little Cayman. The food was better at Beqa but I realize that their chef has changed so that comparison may no longer apply. Both places had wonderful hammocks. Beqa has a great house reef and unlimited shore diving and Little Cayman does not.

Getting to Beqa is one plane ride, a 2 hour air-conditioned van ride, and a 45 minute boat ride. Getting to Little Cayman is a couple of plane rides and a short walk. Though the description doesn't support it, the Beqa Lagoon trip doesn't feel as long (and you don't get the draconian inter-island baggage restrictions).

Hope that helps!

In reference to the original post... GOOD! When I was there, is was obvious they had already 'checked out.'

The Caribbean and South Pacific can not be compared. It is like eating at the Olive Garden and going to Italy IMO.

Just got back from BLR and Mike from the Vegas office was the manager. But on or last few days there Mark & Sue came back to take up there old positions. Mike is back in Vagas and meet him in Denver last week at the dive show.

First and only place I have visited and felt this way; I'm usually a pretty easy going traveler. Oh well, I was not impressed by a lot there. I had my rant on here a year ago, so no need to repeat.

I was at the Colorado Dive Show too. I am glad I went, sure hope it grows! :D

Back
Top Bottom