Beqa Shark Dive, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi
You shouldn't be paying US$250, but possibly FJ$250
See Aquatrek's rates
Aqua-Trek
Beqa Adventure Divers charge a similar amount.
It doesn't rain all the time. Honestly. January is out Summer and there is a greater chance of rain, which can be very heavy, but you can easily get a week with no rain as well.

Depending on the resort you are staying at - I'm guessing Beqa Lagoon Resort - they will have either a package of dives or daily rates. In either case though, the shark dive should not be much more than a regular dive.

The Shark Dive is run by Aquatrek, at least the one you will do is if you are at Beqa Lagoon Resort. The resort just turns up and delivers you to Aquatrek on site, who make only a nominal charge for this.

I have done the Shark dives numerous times and although it is a bit of a zoo, it's great fun to do at least once.

For Shark Dive details I suggest yo contact Brandon at Aquatrek and for rates, check with your resort.
I hope that helps a bit. Do let me know if you need any more info,
Cheers
Greg

OPSLDO, I've been to Beqa Lagoon Resort twice and have done the shark dive several times (this dive is not to be missed). However, I have never seen the tiger show up :-(. It is true that if you decide to take the shark dive it will be substituted for one of your days of diving. You do two dives on the shark trip. If you arrange for the shark dive with the BLR office, it will be cheaper than if you decide to go while at the resort. I would suggest that you call the US office and arrange to make the shark dive part of your dive itinerary. Here is a link to their web site Beqa Lagoon Resort. I highly recommend the resort, it has been fantastic both times we've been there.

If you click on my "photos" link in the left panel and the click on the Fiji 2010 gallery, you will see some of my pics from my last trip to BLR. There are also several pics from the shark dive in the gallery.

Regards,

Bill

Just got back from Beqa Lagoon Resort. Was there from March 17-24. Nice place, stayed in bure #2, one of the 12 facing the beach with a plunge pool. Made it nice after coming in from a dive to rinse off. Shark dive was very nice, better than I thought it was going to be. No Tiger, but supposedly they don't show up until April. I think the price is 250 in Fiji dollars. That makes it about 156 in US currency. Remember it is a 2 tank dive with the first at 90 feet and the second at 60 feet. Well worth the money. We only did 2 dives a day, but the other group was doing 3 dives a day. Alot of particulate matter in the water making photography a challange. Should be better as their winter months come up. I would definately recommend Fiji for diving. We spent the week prior to that at Nakia in Taveuni which was a fabulous place. If you visit Nakia's web site it does not do it justice! Have fun! Bula!

Back
Top Bottom