Ber needs help with ITC material too!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is fair game. Use it, change it, whatever you wish. All I ask is that you take credit for it! Heck, I don't need to look good to your students or evaluators. Glad to be of service!!!

(Btw, my son has a problem with others taking credit for what I thought of... he says you should say, "Look what I made" which would be the truth! But really, I don't care either way)

PADI's line of advancement is DM --> AI --> Instructor. AI is optional.

NAUI's line of advancement is AI --> DM --> Instructor. AI is optional.

If you want to get their attention try pinning a $bill (I'd use a £10 note in the UK) on your lectern or whatever you put your notes on. Next ask your class if they know what it's for (they won't know). Then explain that it goes to the first class member who finds the person sitting next to them asleep!

This is nothing to do with diving but from experience it's a good attention getter.

BTW best of luck with your presentation. However provided you know your material, and I'm sure you do,you will do fine.

Regards

Thanks for all of your advice! I used the road map intro and really liked it, THANKS MIKE!:) I'll have to procure some bottles so I can implement NetDoc's suggestion when I re-do this lecture.

Unfortunately all did not go well. The take-off was good but I crashed and burned early ;-0 I'll not go into the gory details but I'll be re-writing this lecture so it flows better. It was a fantastic learning experience though so at least I came away with something! I don't think the students were as confused as my instructor was, they were getting the answers right when I asked questions although she could hear a few confused comments at times. We went over the lecture afterwards and she gave me a lot of good tips, KISS being the main one! I tend to include too much information, who doesn't at first? I'm just afraid I'll leave something really important out if I don't tell everything I know. Boy would they ever be confused if I understood the mathematical models used to MAKE the tables! "OK class, here are the formulas for building your own table from scratch!":confused: SIGH!

We're going over my environment lecture Saturday to tune it up for graded presentation in a couple weeks. I WILL pass this one, I gave it for practice last quarter and did well! Once I get the hang of this I'll be ok! When I do something right I usually do it very well and when I screw something up it usually takes a highly qualified professional to figure out what the heck I did and two more to figure out HOW I managed to screw it up that bad!:rolleyes:
Ber :bunny:

I understand how you feel about being afraid of leaving something important out. Thats a big issue with me also. Its hard to figure out whats enough and whats too much.

Glad to hear that you got some good feedback. Hope it goes well on the next presentation.

Back
Top Bottom