Bermuda Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joeabroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
(Okay, I know it's not in the Caribbean, but I couldn't figure out where else to post this.)

I'm going to Bermuda in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any recent experience with Blue Water Divers? I know they've expanded their operation to a third site; are they still the best on the island?

We went with them last September and would certainly go with them again. Also noticed that Deep Sea Detectives used them when they filmed a show in Bermuda, so guess the pros like them too.

I dove with them in Xmas 2002, and also several years before that... they were fine. Nice boats. It's going to be a little bit colder than you expect, so be prepared. Say hi to Heidi. :)

Thanks for the positive recs. I'm not too sure what you mean by "cold," though--last August in Bermuda I wore a 3mm in 80 degree water, but the everyone else was in a bathing suit. I'm more used to the 50s at home, so I'm actually looking forward to simple pleasures like leaving my gloves behind.

cheers

Which dive shop operates out of the Grotto Bay Beach Resort? We are considering Bermuda next month, but it looks like the old Sonesta Beach Resort (now the Wyndham) where we stayed in 1999 is in mediocre shape and possibly up for sale. Any advice on diver operators in Bermuda, especially out of Grotto Bay?

Thanks,

Yaz

joeabroad:
Thanks for the positive recs. I'm not too sure what you mean by "cold," though--last August in Bermuda I wore a 3mm in 80 degree water, but the everyone else was in a bathing suit. I'm more used to the 50s at home, so I'm actually looking forward to simple pleasures like leaving my gloves behind.

cheers

Take the 3mm, and you'll be fine.

going to bermuda aug13. staying at pompano beach and diving with blue water dvrs. from past experience, i think it's the overall best but not much more than the cheapest. last time we dove 15 wrecks in 5 days.

Yazmeen:
Which dive shop operates out of the Grotto Bay Beach Resort? We are considering Bermuda next month, but it looks like the old Sonesta Beach Resort (now the Wyndham) where we stayed in 1999 is in mediocre shape and possibly up for sale. Any advice on diver operators in Bermuda, especially out of Grotto Bay?

Thanks,

Yaz

Groto Bay uses Triangle Diving (trianglediving.com). Nice hotel, and their location on the East end allows them to dive many wrecks that the other operators never get to. Regarding Wyndham, it was totally renovated after the hurricane and is in very good shape. Blue Water Divers now runs the Wyndam dive operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom