Bernie Bloom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

moneysavr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am a bit late but thought Id post this as Bernie has been a big part of the Great Lakes diving for many,many years and was a wealth of knowledge and I was proud to have known him for many years,

Bernard.Bloom , Bernie, November 4, 1934 - November 14, 2011. Bernard Stanley Bloom died November 14, 2011 of pancreatic/liver cancer at his winter home in Stuart, Florida with his wife Jeraldene at his side. He was born November 4, 1934 in Chicago, Illinois to Bernard B. and Elsie (Rahn) Bloom. He was proud of his 55 years in the Chicago Local 1185 Carpenter's Union and member of Underwater Archaeology Society of Chicago, Neptune Nimrods of Green Bay and Outings Club of Chicago. He loved/lived diving and boating for over 50 years and was Divemaster of the raising of "Mystery Ship" Alvin Clark from the waters of Green Bay in 1969.see video,its not the best but a great video, lots was learned by this, a sad out come but not one diver was hurt or bent with thousands of hours of bottom time spent on this site and others. the wreck may be gone but much was learned and laws put in place.
The Mystery Ship Alvin C. Clark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom