Bersih

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Searcaigh

Seahorse Wrangler
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499

If $700 million in the PM's bank accounts doesn't bring him down, I feel for Malaysians. Here in the US it's almost as bad, so much money in politics coming from the rich the middle class has no chance. Our democracy is now an oligarchy run by corporate interests. At least the politicians themselves have to work as lobbyists or board members to fatten their bank accounts.

The PM position is very safe!!!!
It is now becomes Malay vs ethic Chinese!

Which is a shame. You would think that the enthnic-Malay might doubt the trustworthiness of the PM seeing the $700 million in his bank account or do they think this was really just a
"legal political donation". I will guess they will put up with the corruption, the attacks on free press, and the jailing of the opposition leader on trumped up charges in exchange for their favored status. Just like with the Hong Kong demonstrations, Occupy demonstrations, and elsewhere most will keep their heads in the sand while the elite pay no mind and go about their business filling their and their friends and families. Just look at Egypt, the people there favor the easy security of military rule over democracy and the need to compromise to make that democracy work. ( Which we can't even do in the US)
In my lifetime I hope to see humans seeing all people as humans not different races, sexes, ethnicity's, and nationality's. We might see an end to conflict and war then.

In my lifetime I hope to see humans seeing all people as humans not different races, sexes, ethnicity's, and nationality's. We might see an end to conflict and war then.

Unfortunately it will never ALLOW to happen!!
No arm conflict or exploitation!! Who is going to make money?

While that might have been the case a few years ago I think now a lot of Malays have woken up and smelt the coffee!

Even Mahathir (ex-PM) has openly criticised Najib.

It is now up to the people of Malaysia to keep up the pressure.

How Mahathir treated Anwan Ibrahim is diabolical. I believe the man is still in jail.
When Philippinos kicked out Marcos in Feb 1996 they thought they had seen the light at the end of the tunnel. But 30 yrs later, nothing has changed. The Government is still corrupt as usual. Hundred of thousands of them have to seek work overseas to support their families back home. The rich is getting richer and the poor just get poorer.
Good luck to Malaysia if they just want a relatively clean Gov like its southern neighbour. The northen one is no better! The southern one I mean the one at the peninsular not that one over in Borneo.
I am NOT at all optimistic and I hope I am WRONG.

I agree Mahathir is no saint, but I hope that this does not go into a Malay v Chinese situation because it is not, although Najib and his cronies may play it that way.

A friend of mine who moved from Dubai to KL just over 10 years ago told me that the corruption in Malaysia was worse than anything he had encountered in his 5 year posting in the Middle East ... now that is saying something!

Back
Top Bottom