Best agency for wreck dive training? Will be in Coron P.I. end of feb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAUI Wowie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Not looking to become superscuba instantly, but do want to be knowledgeable about wreck penetrations. I know that Coron even among local P.I. dive agencies has a reputation called the Coron Cowboys. Not my words and this can be googled. Quite frankly that makes me not want to do it as the stories ive heard are bad including a recent fatality there.

I want to know what I need to know and how to do it safely and WHAT is not safe to do when they tell me to do it anyway.

There are over a dozen wrecks there from 20 ft to 130 feet deep and they do encourage 110ft deep penetrations on single tanks and no line going in. Ill never do that but other wrecks Id like to do.

What are peoples thoughts on agencies or northern CA operations for wreck training?

I recently did a few days with those shipwrecks. I was going to do a wreck speciality course but decided against it at this time after researching a bit more. Here's a quasi trip report:

Shipwrecks of Coron, Corto Divers and Corto del Mar.

There's some handy info on these threads that might help with the questions you ask:
What do you wish you could change about your (rec) wreck diving class?

Other links:
Advanced Wreck Course | Subic | Philippines
wreck and scuba diving sites in Coron Bay, Busuanga, Calamianes Islands, Palawan, Philippines.

Having said that, I *think* I asked all the right/prudent questions prior to diving, but IDK what IDK, so on my to-do list was to type a list of my Q's and post it on SB, and see what was missing.

Agency plays no part in training only the instructor does.
http://www.ddivers.com/d-dive-center/index.php
Contact Gunter and he is certainly NOT a cowboy. With nearly 30yrs diving experience in Coron should proof his credentials as no cowboy could have survived so long in the business.

Thank you man. Seriously. I want to dive there and have booked everything including hotels but not the dives. THANK YOU . I mean that

I recently did a few days with those shipwrecks. I was going to do a wreck speciality course but decided against it at this time after researching a bit more. Here's a quasi trip report:

Shipwrecks of Coron, Corto Divers and Corto del Mar.

There's some handy info on these threads that might help with the questions you ask:
What do you wish you could change about your (rec) wreck diving class?

Other links:
Advanced Wreck Course | Subic | Philippines
wreck and scuba diving sites in Coron Bay, Busuanga, Calamianes Islands, Palawan, Philippines.

Having said that, I *think* I asked all the right/prudent questions prior to diving, but IDK what IDK, so on my to-do list was to type a list of my Q's and post it on SB, and see what was missing.

Wow, ive been notified im going to be banned now so wont be able to reply for a week. thanks in advance you are hilarious and helpful. Good on you

Back
Top Bottom