• Zegal

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • Atomic

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Halcyon

Votes: 28 14.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255 once bubbled...

Seaquest and Apeks are both distributed by Aqualung

Actually, Seaquest and Aqualung have MERGED. Aqualung does not "distribute" Seaquest, they are the same company now.
Seaquest was the distributor for Apeks in the US prior to the merger. So, by default, Aqualung now distributes Apeks...

I'm sorry, but I just like to get the FACTS straight...

I could never pick ALL my equipment from one manufacturer. Scubapro probably comes the closest with Halcyon in there, too. However, I have received some lousy product (and service) from ScubaPro lately and I would have to say I'm concerned for their future following their acquisition by Johnson.

Apollo- fins
Scubapro- regs
BC- Halcyon
wetsuit- custom M&B
Cressi- mask (nothing I'vbe seen beats the Big Eyes for U/W video)

Dr. Bill

Well I had to do a survey, I have 2 Scuba Pro BC's and a Dacor,
I have 2 Scuba Pro Regs and a Conshelf, my fins are 3 Mares and
1 set of Escopez, my wetsuits are all Body Glove, I used to live very near Dive n Surf. I probably have 4 masks and none are the same manufacture. So I'm not sure that there is a best, I believe its more a matter of comfort. I do believe that the longer one dives the more likely they will have a variety of stuff.
Dive SAFE, and often

Only one: AquaLung & subsidiaries.

I feel my specific Halcyon, & OMS equipment is great, and for single tank vacation dives we have a couple of Cressi jacket BCs, and some Scuba Pro regs, etc. In fact with 30+ years I & family members likely come close to having just about all major quality compnies equipment of some sort.

However, if I had to pick one company....I would have to vote AquaLung. It is obvious by some of the posts that not all divers on the board are aware of the subsidiary companies of AquaLung/US divers that includes USD, Apex, Seaquest, Deep Sea, Dreager like someone before me mentioned.

If I had to pick just one company, only Aqualung has a broad product line.

This one of those "can't win" questions. In my opinion, there isn't a single manufacturer out there that excels in everything. My own gear is a smorgasboard of brands - Oceanic Delta 3 reg, Scubapro Superhawk BC, Aeris Velocity fins, Cressi bug-eye mask, Sherwood Logic computer...

But overall, I think Oceanic makes the most consistently high quality products. Their line of BC's (men and women), regulators, fins, and computers seem to rank very high in every comparison test. They are never the "best" in any particular category, but they are always good.

I would have voted for Scubapro but they don't really make their own brand-name computers (they bought Uwatec). I know that Oceanic computers are made by Palagic, but at least they carry the Oceanic name.

I also think very highly of Sherwood (great reputation for reliability) and Aeris (have heard nothing but raves about their customer service).

For me, Aqualung/USD.

*USD Micra Reg set
*Technisub Sphera and Vera ( I think they merge with Aqualung too)
*USD Compro Fins, replace by SP Jetfins. Would have got the Rocket fins if my LDS has them. Nobody stocks them at all here in Malaysia.
*Ranger BC, would have got the USD Alcyone, but no longer in production when I got my OW cert

Diving equipment here costs about 20% to 40% more after currency conversion and finding the LDS who can service the equipment is a bit of problem. The few most common brand is USD, Scubapro, Dacor, Oceanic and Zeagle.

A SP Mini VIP 2 Gauge costs a little under RM 700.00, which is approx = to US$ 180.00.
Dive Transpac II is retailing at RM 2112.00, approx US$ 555.00.

I just started dealing with abysmal and they have really impressed me, my employer just made a large purchase of equipment from them and they are great to work with and their gear seems first rate. I didn't really like the looks of their reels but other than that everything is great at a great price.

http://www.abysmal.com/

Of course, I'm biased... but Sherwood is my choice.

Have a great day!:D

I choose Halcyon - why, because the few pieces of equipment I have bought from them work.

This is not saying that the other stuff doesn't, as much of it does.

It all depends on what you do in diving.

I love being streamlined as I save on my air consumption and this allows longer less stress full dives a big plus.

Other than the BC, most of my gear is from other companies, but if the MC System from Halcyon is any thing to go by... other products from them would be well thought out and include all the options you need and non you don't.

Yes I use Suunto, Oceanic, Apeks and others as most people do, because we have choice and no one company make it all.

Any way most of us could not afford to buy all our gear from Halcyon, but for the major things the investment is worth it.
=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom