Best bang-for-the-buck in basic wetsuits ? (3-5mm, shorty and full)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any suggestions on a size wet suit for a man 6’ & 250 lbs. without going to a dive shop and trying one on? Thx
That pretty much describes me, but of course the distribution of weight and bulk may differ notably (I am more longer back, shorter legs maybe 31 instep, maybe 30 even)).
So, use this info at your own risk.

I wear either a Henderson XXL 5mm suit or an XXL Hollis Neotek or an XXL Deep6 drysuit . They all fit well enough. Legs maybe a tad long so for me. If my legs were 2" longer and my back 2" shorter, I wonder if in a wetsuit I might have a slight fold around the midsection sort of like I have in the 5 mil somewhere on the thigh if I pull the kneepads up to where they should be... Better on the legs than midsection. Not an issue with the Neotek. Tight fit in that so. Getting the first arm out when taking it off takes some doing...
I also had a cheap Costco 3 mil shorty from years back in XXL, which fit and worked for some kayaking (rescue practice and such) and the vast majority of my dives (maybe 90 ish warm water dives) or so until it fell apart.

I tried a lot of brands over the years and for wetsuits stuck with the Waterproof brand. They are reasonably priced, well made, and fit me perfectly. They also don’t have that annoying as hell feature where the Velcro for the neck closure sticks to the interior of the suit when you don’t wear it and messes it up.

After taking a closer look, it's actually starting to grow on me, LOL!! How are these things holding up after a couple years?

Glad you are coming around to the camo colors.

I can tell you with all honesty that Yamamoto is the best material available in my opinion and that is what we use exclusively for out wetsuits. It is considerably more expensive than some other manufacturer's material, but it's "worth it". It is not so common for wetsuit manufacturer's to explicitly state the source of their material, but if the do select Yamamo - I think you will hear about it.
Thanks
Dano

Yeah, sounds good, but I already got that part. I'm still wondering how they been holding up with extended use? :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom