Best blunt tip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RossT

Registered
Reaction score
Hello All,

I plan on doing dives where I will need a digging/prying type tool and was wondering what the best knife would be? I don't really know much about the different knifes. I know a lot about regular knives, just not diving knives. Please let me know what is the best blunt tip knife out there -- perhaps 2 options, 1 = best best, 2 = best value... ?

Thank you!
Ross

I'd have to back the Fusiler knife for a good blunt tip knife. It's not only good for diving, but also for white water rafting. A dual value.

If you are really going to be doing heavy digging and prying, I'd either get a tool or tools made for this purpose, or get a cheap, beater knife since these activities will make a mess out of any knife in no time at all.

I'll second the Aeris Silver Jack (which I believe is the exact same knife as the Oceanic Spinner). I've used my on many occasions for digging and it's served me well. The tip is beginning to show a little wear, but for $25 I will just get another. It's small enough that it's easy to take on every type of dive and can get the most delicate items out of the sand without destroying them. I always stick with the cheaper knives, this way if you lose them you're not heartbroken.

RossT:
perhaps 2 options, 1 = best best, 2 = best value

Either way, stay away from titanium, the stress of prying would stap it, go with stainless steel (304)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom