Question Best budget compressed air filtration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frontst

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey folks!,
Im seeking for a good filtration system for my budget yong heng compressor,what i will fill is this mini tank.
I've found a youtuber that makes pretty decent reviews about filtration for pcp guns,but so far i coudn't found a good review for decent filters related to a breathable air. Based on this video i found a lot of recommendations for this "tower"

But the most important thing that i read here is the need of Priority Valve(PMV) which i believe isn't a part of the tower above .
I'm still searching for an information why having this valve is so crucial for the whole system and where exactly should be fitted (before or after the tower).Also what about having this tower + PMV?

Also seeing that scheme, makes me feel that im doing separator + PMV thing but skipping the air filter thing?
scubaengineer.com.high_pressure_compressor_filtrat.PNG

As per my current set im deffo an amateur which wont go too deep for too long so im starting with sort of budget components ,
but still health is a first priority for me and i really don't want to mess something up with that.

Get certified first and understand scuba. Air gun compressors and tiny tanks have nothing to do with scuba....

the tower you linked is not suitable for converting the low quality output of a pcp compressor to breathing air. it functions more like a separator than true filter, you still would need a hybrid breathing air filter after it. it is penny wise pound foolish trying to use a pcp compressor that is as your countrymen would say "not fit of purpose". get a fill whip to transfill off a larger tank filled at a dive shop or just ditch the useless mini tank. if getting scuba gear and fills is too much money, get better at free diving or even consider a DIY hookah setup.

Thank you for the constructive criticism folks!Im taking some notes and i will do better research for new equipment! About the tiny tanks - that remains as my starting pack.Of course if you dont have other thoughts?

Also what about your opinion for this set?
After a half hour of compressing, you'll have enough air at 3000 psi for a six minute dive.
The setup will last a year, max, before it falls apart. Your breathing gas will be moist, which is not good for a steel tank. It's junk. Pretty, but way too small and doesn't have a duty cycle that will tolerate scuba compression.

Sorry, mate. There is no shortcut to spending an inordinate amount of money to compresses your own breathing gas.

Not sure what you are going to do with a tank as small as that one, but you might get a breath or two at five metres!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom