best com.unit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaozzy2

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i am waiting for your guardian masks to be avail. so i can purchase 2 of them with a wireless com. unit but am not sure which one i want/need. i do search jobs in our local mud holes where i like to have contact with our boat(one down one up) but i also do rec. and tech. diving in the fresh/salt water where i like to keep in contact with my partner underwater.you offer the buddyphone w/optional thb-14 headset..ssb-2010 transceiver w/ema-2 ear/mic. assy...stx-101 surface station....?i want/need something with clarity,sturdy,portable as i use a different manufacturers products that i am not happy with.can you share your opinion as what will work for me.thanks in advance...

Hello scubaozzy2,

There are a couple of ways to go with this. It depends on what your requirements are and how much you want to spend. You can do this with a set of Buddy Phones. This keeps things fairly simple and allows for good communications between divers and the surface. Buddy Phones don't have the same range as the SSB-2010's, but for most divers they work well. The 2010's have an advantage in that you can easily go to hardwire if necessary for tethered diving. However, the 2010's are a bit more complicated to use. They are excellent devices, you just have to take the time to learn how to use them.

To the surface stations, there are several options as well. You can use a SP-100D, this is primarily compatible with Buddy Phones. You can also use the STX-101 or an SSB-2010 with a CDK-6 Surface Conversion Kit. All of these units are compatible, they all have the primary channel one (32.768 Khz upper side band). The SP and the STX are base station style surface stations and the SSB with a CDK-6 is a belt mounted unit.

You can always call and we can discuss what system would be best for your application.

John
OTS
1-800-550-1984 ext: 112
jhott@otscomm.com

Back
Top Bottom