Best diffusor for CFWA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fota

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the Glowdives. I use them with YS-D1's. For CFWA I use a Canon 5Dm3 and the 8-15mm in a Zen 100mm dome. I can put the dome port literally right on a subject with the strobes pointed away from the subject and still get good light.

The only drawback to these diffusers (and this is purely my subjective opinion) is that for fish portraits, they do not create a very prominent catch light in the eyes, which can give the impression that the focus is soft, when in fact it can be tack sharp.

Cannot be any help to compare these to any other diffusers (except the standard Sea & Sea ones), but so far I am very happy with these.

I have the Glowdives. I use them with YS-D1's. For CFWA I use a Canon 5Dm3 and the 8-15mm in a Zen 100mm dome. I can put the dome port literally right on a subject with the strobes pointed away from the subject and still get good light.

The only drawback to these diffusers (and this is purely my subjective opinion) is that for fish portraits, they do not create a very prominent catch light in the eyes, which can give the impression that the focus is soft, when in fact it can be tack sharp.

Cannot be any help to compare these to any other diffusers (except the standard Sea & Sea ones), but so far I am very happy with these.

Thanks for your reply!

I decided to go for the Glowdives. Have only tested them on land and in a pool (just while freediving so no detailed tests yet).
They are really wide and smooth but they also takes loads of power from the strobes (kind of logical).
Perhaps we should start a new thread that discusses the Glowdives? Pros and Cons, how to use them the best way etc?

Sorry for the delayed reply...I was away on a dive trip. :)

Glad to hear you went with these diffusers. After 10 days diving in the Andamans with them, I am still more than pleased with the results I am getting.

Regarding a thread for the Glowdives....great idea. I have some ideas I am tinkering with in order to try to recapture some of the light lost to the diffusers (which I agree, is a fairly substantial amount). I am working on a method to test this, and will try to post some results once I have sorted it all out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom