Best Dive Log Book Software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterjmaerz

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi Folks,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations for PC, Windows XP-based dive log software. Not looking for anything spectacularly sophisticated: just want to be able to duplicate a hard-copy log book but with perhaps extra categories like sightings of fish, invertebrates, corals, etc and enough text space to fully describe a dive without having to scroll down a line a a time. Being able to download from my Suunto Cobra would be cool, but not a necessity.
I'm not a computer geek, so I'd need something fairly dummy-friendly. Any ideas?

Thanks much,

The Suunto Dive Manager is pretty good and with the proper interface ;o) you can download everything on it and have a good dive log. Is pretty good also for prints, once you start using it you can print all your dives with graphics and most info.
It also has (like suunto computer) the options so you can simulate dives.
Still there are few more apps on the market which can do similar jobs.. is a matter of taste.

Safe Diving

If you are currently using a dive computer, and it has the capability to download the log to a PC. Then I would use that as you log book. All of the software I have seen by dive computer manufacturers, have been really quite good at doubling as your log book. Most have space for comments and user input after downloading, and all can be printed if you want a hard copy.

Just remember the golden rule.

Always regularly back up your data! :voskl1:

I did a simple MS Access database.
I'd like to add to it if or when I ever get time! I'd like to make it a stand-alone product and a bit more user friendly.
It has places to input just about everything. I am willing to share but as it stands at this point you must have MSOffice 2000 and be somewhat proficient in Access.

divermandan:
I did a simple MS Access database.
I'd like to add to it if or when I ever get time! I'd like to make it a stand-alone product and a bit more user friendly.
It has places to input just about everything. I am willing to share but as it stands at this point you must have MSOffice 2000 and be somewhat proficient in Access.

I was thinking of fiddling with Access myself but have been too lazy thus far. I've got the Office 2000 version, though it's morphed a bit for use on my home XP. I'd be interested to see what you've come up with.

Thanks

Regards,

StingRob:
The Suunto Dive Manager is pretty good and with the proper interface ;o) you can download everything on it and have a good dive log. Is pretty good also for prints, once you start using it you can print all your dives with graphics and most info.
It also has (like suunto computer) the options so you can simulate dives.
Still there are few more apps on the market which can do similar jobs.. is a matter of taste.

Safe Diving
I agree - I use Dive Manager with my Vyper and it's great. You can download the version for the Cobra from here:
http://www.suunto.com/suunto/main/article_1column.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=10134198673939767&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=9852723697223448&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442490168&bmUID=1082076575748

You might need to install the latest Macromedia Flash player (7.0) to get on their site. To use the software with the Cobra you will also need the interface cable.

Peterjmaerz,

If you are looking for a simple and easy dive log for windows, Dive Master 2.0 is available and very easy to use. Not a great program, but it has all of the standard dive log entries along with statistics and histograms for profiles. Displays dive profile graphics and it also has an area to store your equipment with serial numbers and insurance information. Usually goes for around $20, but the best part is that LP is selling them for $2.99 right now. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
:cool1:

Thanks, All !!

In the middle of fundraising frenzy at my radio station.I'll let you know what I decide on once I come out the other side.

Best,

P

I don't know if there is any interests is in something like this but I could build an online dive log (user based) where you could store all relevant data in. If everybody likes the format divermandan used in his access dive log I'll use that format (with his permission of course). And might be able to add some extra features like the ability to store pictures with the dive log entry and stuff like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom