Best dive logging software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also like Dive Log 5.0 -- very nice piece of software and a fair price.

Hey,

Anyone find the best dive logging software out there? I was using diverecord.com but my fear is that since the site hasn't been updated since 2005, there's no telling how long it will be up and running.

I'd like to have something that can do good printouts and also upload the data to the Internet if possible. I'd also like something that can do summary pages, such as what dive record has (deepest dive, deepest dive in last 12 months, a calender showing how many dives you did each month).

Ideally, this would be free, but if something was really nice, I'd buy it.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
Diving log 5.0 hands down is the best. I use my Oceanic softwafe to download data fom my VT3 and i just import into Diving log it takes only a few minutes.

I've used DiveLog 5.0 for about 3 or 4 years now. The good and the bad:
The Good:
I liked it mainly because I could save pictures from my dives and also I could customize and print out paper dive log sheets for my dive log book that I take on vacation and stuff.
Plus it recently (about a year now) is able to sync with an app on my iphone.

The Bad:
Since the 2nd last release I no longer can import dives from my Oceanic Pro Plus 2
I sent Sven my computer log file and he manually got it to work (almost) but after I massaged the data (I'm a programmer too) It still wont import on it's own anymore. So I started importing my dives manually and only being able to see my profiles on the very antiquated looking oceanic software.
Also, the iphone app will not sync everythings particularly photos.
lastly, In todays age, I'm thinking I'd rather get away from paper and have the whole thing digital (iphone / computer or cloud) to be access anywhere with less to carry or travel with. Heck my 'C' card is digital and has been for years. It's never been turned down.

So... If anyone could help me, I'm thinking the best solution would be a feature rich application that works on both desktop and mobile devices.
Imports from my computer easily. Maintains it's data in the cloud so it's never lost including photos (or heck even videos)
and I'd even pay a small annual fee for it.

has anyone tried Diveac? (it's looks kind of like what I described)

I have been using DiveLog 5.0 for a few years now and have been pleased. I have a couple of hundred dives logged. I have used a couple of different computers (Atmos AI, and Oceanic VT4) and things seem to download pretty smooth.

The only drawback that I have found, is that I can't figure out how to print on A5 front and back (this is a very minor issue). It is nice that it will integrate with Dropbox and Google Drive for backups, as well as push your data to several different web hosts to keep an online version of your log book as well.

I'm in the process of making a FREE Digital Dive Log tutorial video that will be live in the next 2 weeks.
The dive log is fully customizable to each diver and is cloud-based. Dives can be viewed and logged on both a computer or smartphone...PC, Mac, Android, Iphone.
I will post the link when it's done.

I've been using it for the last 2 years and prefer it over a paper book.

Here's a Screenshot of my dive log on mobile (there are more Qs which arent seen. )

Screenshot_2015-05-22-15-22-20.jpg

Dive Log 5.0 (even has an apple app as well) - I use this in conjunction with my Suunto software as well.

What I really like about dive log is that you can create a data base of all your equipment as well as plot all your dive sites.

Been using Dive Log DT from More Mobile Software on my Mac and the companion Dive Log app on my iPhone for several years and have been happy.

Things I like:

Suunto Cobra computer downloads easily to Mac with download cable
Can use app to log geo. coordinates into dive data. Only did this once as I don't like pulling phone out on boat.
Like that dives are mapped and shown both on Mac and phone
Prints dive pages
Besides logging dives, you can access dive types, buddies, equipment, shops, trips, and personal info.

Bluetooth sync from Mac to iPhone and vice versa (all info and profiles)

More Mobile Software also has a website forum and is good about helping to solve any issues.

Subsurface is an excellent free dive log software. Click here to get it. You can Import your dives from a large variety of Computers. You can also upload dives to http://divelogs.de which is also free. This allows you to use their smartphone app to pull up your log for any dive operator that asks for it.

I also really like using DiveLog 5.0. I have the iOS app on my iPad, but have more recently installed DiveMate on my Android phone that syncs nicely with DiveLog 5.0. I particularly like the fact that I can use a cheap OTG cable to attach my computers IR dongle to my phone and download dive data from the dive computer to the phone and then sync back to my laptop later (less to bring along while travelling).

Another thing to keep in mind is to ensure that whatever software it is, that it is easily exportable to a format that is essentially universal (e.g. Excel, etc). Eventually you will either upgrade/change software of the software will stop being supported. When that happens, you will want to make sure that you can get your old data imported to a potentially new platform. I learned my lesson the hard way and still have dives stuck in an old PalmOS device. I think that most dive log software today is easily exportable, so you should be safe. However, if it is not exportable... avoid it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom