Best Dive Resort in Tulamben for Photogs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris.evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Looking for a place that has guides with good eyes, and consistent power/elec. Camera tables would be a plus, but not as much as unlimited house reef dives being right on the wreck. In Indo can you dive solo in shallow water house reef if you have a solo cert? (dives to try out new snoot gear primarily)

I've used Liberty Dive Resort, good guides you'll have your own guide which spoils you teribbly for diving elsewhere. You also set your own schedule. I don't know if they will let you dive solo. Last I knew they didn't have a camera room but in my room they had a large table.

I've used Liberty Dive Resort, good guides you'll have your own guide which spoils you teribbly for diving elsewhere. You also set your own schedule. I don't know if they will let you dive solo. Last I knew they didn't have a camera room but in my room they had a large table.
+1 for Liberty Dive. I was paired with one guide, who was happy to dive on my schedule and was superb at finding critters I never could have spotted (like a juvenile Harlequin shrimp hiding underneath a dead starfish).

Paradise Dive Resort is right on Coral Garden dive site and roughly equidistant (about 200 meters) between the Liberty and Dropoff. They have a large outdoor area with plenty of tables for cameras and a roofed area for lunch. Good resto and you can rent tanks directly from the resort at a low rate (around 3 dollars for us, may be a little more for you but not much). Nice place to base yourself out of. Shouldn't be any problem with diving solo out of there either, however I would recommend a DLD before heading ut yourself as the currents can be a bit tricky on Dropoff.

We had a guest stay at Liberty not to long ago, she had a private guide for $15 per day. I'm not sure if it was a seasonal thing or special, but check it out (Paradise may offer one as well). Many of the resorts in Indonesia allow solo divers on the house reef (but you can have current in this area, so double check), but It's nice to have help with carrying your equipment in and out of the water while shore diving. Plus you get the added benefit of an extra pair of eyes and someone to help position your snoot until you get the hang of it.

Enjoy Tulamben, you're in for an awesome experience!

Stayed mant times at wreck divers ( over 10 actually ) - always had my own guide , free nitrox and the villas are spectacular

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom