best dive resorts on Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

24 pounders are on the island. Stephanie found a seahorse that was T H I S B I G on her first dive today. We went to Playa Largu. Note: the hill right behind the Landhuis is not only extremely steep but seems to have gotten washed out since my last visit. We scraped something but we were hauling 5 tanks as well. Great vis and calm water. We sat and watched the lightning storm head out to sea. Looking forward to Thanksgiving, I dunno about leftovers. I'll make you something special and not grilled lionfish.

I figure Andreas will have polished off the leftovers long before we get there :wink::wink::wink:

As long as I get some good bread to eat in the mornings - anything else is fine. :coffee:

We don't go on vacations to the islands for the food. :D

Just trying to finish out the day and get some work done between daydreaming about the trip. It's a good thing I married the boss, otherwise I'd probably get fired. :)

When did you last stay at the Hilton?

On our first trip to Curacao two years ago we walked from the Marriott to the Hilton to check it out and we were surprised at what a dump it was...from the lobby straight through to the outdoor spaces.

On our most recent trip (this August) we walked over again to see if it had gotten any better and honest-to-god thought it was closed down it was in such disrepair.

Main pool was leaking through multiple cracks in the glass blocks and full of leaves and debris. The kids pool was so full of garbage and algae it was disgusting. The creepy abandoned mini-golf course had gotten even creepier with broken concrete structures and 4ft tall weeds growing up through cracks in the cement. There's no beach there, so don't expect one; just a small spit of trucked-in construction sand...that coarse yellow/orange sort.

Seriously...I've got a million or so Hilton points and I wouldn't stay there for free.

I was just at the Marriott a month ago and walked over to the Hilton since I used Ocean Encounters more often than I did Caribbean Sea Sport at the Marriott.

The lobby and grounds of the Hilton were very clean and the pool fully functional. I even saw a few people play a round of miniature golf.

With that said, if I had to do it all over again, I'd still stay at the Marriott although I would plan my dives a bit differently to get some exposure on the West end of the island.

Anyway, I posted this when I got back from my trip.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ab...ao-family-trip-dive-report-modem-crasher.html

we were actually just at the hilton - October 2009 and found that they had made amazing progress...when we were there in 2006 and 2007 there needed to be some work done 0 but the room we had and diving were both amazing. When we were just there - a lot of things had been upgraded..not shere when you stayed there and where but we found the grounds to be beautiful, the pools to be nice and the 2 beaches and house reef to be amazing....

Does this mean we can expect Turkey Salad and Turkey Croquettes the following week??? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:rofl3: LOL Not exactly what I meant but I can see how you would think that! Actually that was a running joke about Sunshine's current guests that started a couple years ago (think 24 pounds as in overweighted:D). We'll try to save you some turkey though! :turkey:

Sunshine - Let me know if I should "smuggle" anything down there! Happy early B-day to you and Stephanie too!

:rofl3: LOL Not exactly what I meant but I can see how you would think that! Actually that was a running joke about Sunshine's current guests that started a couple years ago (think 24 pounds as in overweighted:D). We'll try to save you some turkey though! :turkey:

Sunshine - Let me know if I should "smuggle" anything down there! Happy early B-day to you and Stephanie too!

Sorry if I misunderstood - but I seem to remember you two talking about Turkeys for Thanksgiving Dinner in an earlier thread. My bad!!! :confused:

With all of us offering to "bring" things for Sunshine - she may wind up being the largest "importer" on the island. :):)

30 Days and counting :D:D

MCB, could you give me a picture of what the rates are at All West? Our children are out of school for spring break at the end of Feb. and I am in the early process of checking out different places for a vacation.

p.s. Is there a decent savings when booking as a package versus room only? I have been to Bonaire and most places were part of a 'package'. If possible I would rather book Al la carte unless the savings are significant.

Last edited:
2 weeks from tomorrow! My, Dear Husband, Dear Daughter and the Blue Ocean! We be diving.,,*sing and dancing with Bob Marley*

Back
Top Bottom