Best dive sites in Playa Del Carmen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenny Spunk

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking to arrange a 5 day 10 dive package incorporating Cozumel for at least one of the days.

What are the best sites to dive in both locations please.

:D I just got back from the Riviera Maya. My wife and I had a blast.

I would recommend the Tortuga Reef and Baracuda Reef. The Tortuga Reef has countless turtles and the Baracuda Reef has a large number of fish.

I would also go to the cenotes. This is some cool cavern diving. If you have never done this it is well worth the trip.

Some places also offer whale shark excursions. People snorkel with these fish, but it seems like a rare chance to see these creatures.

swampfrog:
Some places also offer whale shark excursions. People snorkel with these fish, but it seems like a rare chance to see these creatures.

Off Holbox Island, you'll find whale shark swimming a pretty sure thing if you go the right time of year. I believe July into August is the best time. Holbox, by the way, is off the northern tip of Cancun.

Angelita and Cardina. (these are cool)

Cenotes, Barracuda Reef, and Tortuga Reef has already been mentioned. Take at least one of your days of diving to Cozumel!
Jo

swampfrog:
I would recommend the Tortuga Reef and Baracuda Reef. The Tortuga Reef has countless turtles and the Baracuda Reef has a large number of fish.
Ditto!

Hey, Aquanauts is based in Puerto Aventuras which is about 15 mins from Playa del Carmen.. we have some awesome dive sites just a short boat ride onto the reef (about 5 mins max) Paradise shallow, Paradise Deep, Cannales , etc etc loads of turtles, we see a few nurse sharks a week and we can also arrange cenote diving through a guy who works with us who has actually been mentioned further up this post "Dennis Weeks"!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom