Best Dives in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a little late for msubryan -- sorry. But, I figured I would weigh in for others considering Bonaire. I found Angel City the best dive, by far, on Bonaire. Actually, it's in my top 3 "best dives ever."

Of course, these things are always a matter of personal preference, but I think no trip to Bonaire is complete without an Angel City dive.

the best site that we found was just on the other side of the petro plant. It was dubbed "Taylor made" by someone who guilt a shrine to it and put a t-shirt on it. we dove it twice. Seemed unspoiled. as far as water temps go...i HATE being cold in the water. that being said, i wore a .5 mil and was comfortable the whole week. longest dive was 52 minutes. nerver even got chilled. we also did a naked dive at night off of buddy's for about 30 minutes. LOVED it and didnt chilled then. we went in mid june this past year.

No bad dives on Bonaire. None that I have found yet. Taylor Made and Candyland are great - fantastic - dives. Best hard coral formations I have seen anywhere. So beautiful. A bit hard to get to but easier than the park sites. You have to give those a try.

As far as exposure protection - I wear 3mm full anywhere every dive. In part for warmth but largely for protection. Coral and jellies will get you if not careful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom