Best Dives - Western Caribbean Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ours was a mess. We were waiting for about 45 minutes for the boat to pick us up off the pier and they kept saying "5 minutes 5 minutes." After the third time they said that one of the guys diving in the group said, "Is that 5 mexican minutes" which was pretty funny. But 45 minutes later the boat finally shows. We go to their shop on this slow a** boat watching 3 other dive boats soar right by us. The group onboard asked to be taken to dive locations that were supposed to be really good...I think Santa Rose may been one if I remember right. We were told in broken English "Sea too rough" which was BS. So we dove with a 2 minute slow boat-ride of their dive shop (i.e. right next to the dive shop and within site of the cruise ship)...they just didn't want to spend money on gas to go somewhere good. Our second dive was done between the shop and cruise ship. Half the dive was over sand. When we got back on the ship they didn't even turn off the motor!! Even though we were all getting sucked in and screaming at them to turn it off they just said "no no get on boat, get on boat" so we all (8 of us) grabbed on to the ladder at one time to avoid being chopped into bits.

Also, I forgot to metion. Most of the tanks had blown o-rings and when we asked if they had any they either pretended not to know english or really didn't know what we were asking for. Ridiculous. Luckily several of us had save-a-dive kits, so we used our own o-rings.

When we got back on the ship a couple of people wrote formal letters of complaints and gave them to Royal Caribbean.

So no, I do not agree that they were pretty good.

We were taken to the dive shop in taxis, no waiting around on the pier. No problems with tanks or equipment, and they didn't have us boarding the boat with engines running. Sorry you had such a bad experience, and thankful ours was OK.

The blown O-rings doesn't bother me these days, its very common on dive boats. I used to insist on having a tank with no seepage but I stopped making a fuss when I was the only one complaining. Funnily enough I don't remember seeing any tanks leaking on the Sand Dollar dive.

Went with Sand Dollar at Cozumel in Decenber and had a awsome drift dive there. Highly recommend them. We had 4 divers per dive master and he knew where all the cool spots were to see lobsters, swim throughs, ect. We had a great dive their!!!!

Back
Top Bottom