best diving base....koh lanta or phi phi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd agree with that. However you can be based in Krabi and have the best diving from both those locations. Day trips and also overnight trips taking in Phi Phi and Hin Daeng/Hin Mouang and Koh Haa Yai.:D

Thanks for all this advice! I'm planning my trip to Thailand, and I keep switching back and forth on whether I would rather dive out of Phuket, Samui, or Ko Tao. I've eliminated Phi Phi and Krabi as a base due to my schedule and availability of flights and stuff. I really can't decide between the three! Timing would be first week of November. Appreciate your thoughts!

I spent time in Krabi, Koh Lanta and Koh Phi Phi back in 2001 but haven't been back since then. I had a great time in all three places, but preferred Phi Phi for the easy access to most dive sites (and the wonderful Dutch divemaster I dove with!).

Back
Top Bottom