Best diving in the U.S. Pacific territories

Best diving in the U.S. Pacific territories

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TEERLKAY

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings,

In a strange twist of fate, we find ourselves with, basically, a free round-trip airline ticket from Mexico City to ANY inhabited U.S. territory in the world. Now we very well might use it to visit the States (maybe Hawaii), or visit some closer locale (U.S. Virgin Islands or Puerto Rico) but it seems like an excellent opportunity to visit some more remote places. So if you have any experience in diving American Samoa, the Northern Marianas Islands, Guam or any other U.S. territory, we would love to hear from you. As always, links and references would be appreciated. I have setup a poll so if you like, vote early, vote often!

TIA

"I would like to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my Grandfather did. Not scared and screaming...like the passengers in his car!"

Hi Tia,

I'm not sure how far your ticket will get you, but Micronesia is a "former" US Trust Territory, & the islands still have US zip codes. If your ticket would allow, you couldn't go wrong diving one or more of these islands. I am biased though to the island of Kosrae, where we run a dive resort. If you're into big pelagics, go to Palau, if you're into wrecks, go to Chuuk, if you're into excellent visibility, the healthiest hard corals you've ever seen, & amazing macro, go to Kosrae. Hope this helps.

Hi Tia,

I'm not sure how far your ticket will get you, but Micronesia is a "former" US Trust Territory, & the islands still have US zip codes. If your ticket would allow, you couldn't go wrong diving one or more of these islands. I am biased though to the island of Kosrae, where we run a dive resort. If you're into big pelagics, go to Palau, if you're into wrecks, go to Chuuk, if you're into excellent visibility, the healthiest hard corals you've ever seen, & amazing macro, go to Kosrae. Hope this helps.

Doug,
Thanks. The plane ticket would only take us as far as CURRENT territories. Of course we could use the ticket to get us part of the way there - but then that opens up , really, the whole world.

TIA=Thanks in Advance, not a name :)

Doug,
Thanks. The plane ticket would only take us as far as CURRENT territories. Of course we could use the ticket to get us part of the way there - but then that opens up , really, the whole world.

TIA=Thanks in Advance, not a name :)

Use the ticket to get you to Guam and then pay for flights between Guam and Truk and/or Guam and Palau.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom