Best FREE Photo Hosting Website?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

av8er23

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to upload my photos to a hosting site. I understand that there are many out there. I have registered for photobucket but wanted to ask everyone in here what is the best one? I think that photobucket allows each user 1gig which is a fair amount of space. Please share your experiences with these websites.

I have photobucket and am pretty happy with it. I like that I can create slideshows with music to share. No complaints.

I have agonized over this for the longest time. I ended up using OFOTO (now Kodak image gallery) mainly because the slideshow and navigation seem easy for non-techy people to use (grandparents, etc.) and it doesn' force your guests to sign up if you submit the slideshow to them.

here's an example of a kodak gallery posting:
http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=rq03h1m.1o134ac6&Uy=-nkgce9&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Snapfish has a nicer/bigger slideshow capabilities, but i THINK all your guests are forced to create an account in order to view them.

I like flickr the best so far because you upload and view large images. However, once you get more than 200 photos on there, you are basically forced to pay for the PRO account. ($25 per year) I ended up splurging this year, because i really like the site. (And it will be a tax write off.

here's an example of a flickr posting:
http://www.flickr.com/gp/84019266@N00/6Dj58u

I like and use photobucket and slide as well in order to post images on some websites, etc. too. There are lots of other options out there too.

...just my 2 cents :)

I really like Flickr. It's a great community in addition to being a picture hosting site. You can join or start groups, people leave great feedback, it's fun. And addictive!

How is people's experience with Picasa online? I have a bunch of albums up, but lately it has been ornery and saying that is having issues connecting to load more pictures. Any ideas/thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom