Best Freedive computers???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For anything casual to 100 meters, suunto d4i, small, "reliable", easy to use. Biggest problem with it is that they have no battery indicator, so it will work untill it does not. Every deep freediver that I know, and I know more then a few is using suunto.
Ratio has some freedive algorithams but I would not trust a company that bases their algorithams on absolutly no scientific basis (as far as i know, might be wrong on that one.)
Oceanic ones look good but I know of 2 separate cases where they have leaked below 50 meters.
Every deep freediver that I know, and I know more then a few is using suunto.
Mares, cressi and omer released low budget ones for sprearfishing, i tried the omer one (spora sub sp1) and it worked fine, I still prefer suunto becouse I can use it for scuba also.

Any suggestions for the best Freedive computers??

This is probably the most sophisticated free diving computer. It can switch between free and scuba diving (including use of nitrox, 1 mix):

Ratio iDive Free Avantgarde

The Oceanic computers are also great dive computer with most of them having free diving capability.

For anything casual to 100 meters, suunto d4i, small, "reliable", easy to use. Biggest problem with it is that they have no battery indicator, so it will work untill it does not. Every deep freediver that I know, and I know more then a few is using suunto.
Ratio has some freedive algorithams but I would not trust a company that bases their algorithams on absolutly no scientific basis (as far as i know, might be wrong on that one.)
Oceanic ones look good but I know of 2 separate cases where they have leaked below 50 meters.
Mares, cressi and omer released low budget ones for sprearfishing, i tried the omer one (spora sub sp1) and it worked fine, I still prefer suunto becouse I can use it for scuba also.

Every deep freediver that I know, and I know more then a few is using suunto.
Thanks I have been looking for a freedive only computer...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom