Best mask anti-fog / de-fog ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harley1962

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Which commercial anti-fog / de-fog product is your favorite, and why?
Ease of application, "no tears" if it gets into eyes, rinses easily and completely, etc..and of course, lasts longest and works the best!

Looking to get a general consensus, if possible....?
Links to best pricing, or at least some background information are good.
Thanks,
HB

toothpaste.

Not just once when you buy the mask.

Before every dive. A little smear. Then- rinse it off just before diving. Use salt or fresh, it matters not.

Watch the commercial divers.

No sea gold platinum there.

I thought we talked about this once before?

I use Dawn dish soap, Its readily available(in cabinet under the sink) it,s cheap to buy, I can lube my wakeboard bindings with it, wash my boat with it, and to score brownie points with the wife I can even use it to wash the dishes.

spit and seaweed or moss..ya know that greeish grassy watery stuff ...that works very well...spit in the mask woosh it around and use the moss to swoosh the spit..rinse. Then soak our warm face. If no moss no problemo just swoosh the spit and rinse

One of the biggest fog problems is a warm face...cool off your face befor you dive. that will help reduce the fog or condensation in the mask....Warm face cool mask...or cool face warm mask= fog-faced-mask-dive guy.

Keep your mask out of the sun or heat. Keep your face cool with a cool moist towel.

A trick I do is before a dive, I fill the mask with cool water after I did the spit and rinse. Just befor I dive I wipe my face dry and I put the mask on. Never fog again.

Back
Top Bottom