Best month of the year for diving in Los Cabos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SaltyKSue

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a "timeshare" type thing in Los Cabos that I have to use next year (2024) So, I am wondering what month of the year is best for diving there and does anyone have suggestions on a dive op that they prefer?

Hello,

It depends on what are you looking or expecting. If you want warm water/good visibility, i would recomend from July till november.
Just to inform you that from october to december is high season, so booking in advance is highly recomended.

If you plan to book anything in Baja California Sur, I can help you. :)

www.bajadivexperiences.com
info@bajadivexperiences.com
@bajadivexperiences IG

Regards,
Carlos

Thank you Carlos-
Yes, warm water and good vis would be what I would want!
I have a place to stay - would just be looking for a good dive op to dive with.
Is there a Hurricane season there? If so, would that probably be sometime around Aug.- Oct?

I'll defer to the experts, but my wife and I have been to Cabo San Lucas three times for diving.

From our research, we have gone in November each time, for both water temperature and visibility.

In addition to diving the local dives (Land's End and the Corridor), we have also been to La Paz and Cabo Pulmo as side trips.

I wear a BARE Velocity 5mm and she wears a Henderson Thermoprene Pro 3mm.

Due to their proximity to where we have stayed, we have used Manta Scuba on each trip.

Jim- thank you so much for this- Manta Scuba is one of the dive ops I have been looking at!
I'm assuming that since you kept using them you were happy with them?
Does Manta Scuba take you to La Pa and Cabo Pulmo or do you need to book those seperatly with another dive op?
I have not been there so I am totally in the dark about exactly WHERE each place is -

Jim- thank you so much for this- Manta Scuba is one of the dive ops I have been looking at!
I'm assuming that since you kept using them you were happy with them?
Does Manta Scuba take you to La Pa and Cabo Pulmo or do you need to book those seperatly with another dive op?
I have not been there so I am totally in the dark about exactly WHERE each place is -

You are welcome, anything I can do to help.

We like Manta for several reasons, which keep us coming back to them.

First, they are very professionally managed, and in spite of what it might appear like when you enter the dive shop, you will receive personal attention. They handle a large volume of divers, but when all is said and done, everyone and their gear is on a boat, ready to dive.

Next, they have a good facility, will store your gear, their boats are first class, and their dive masters are very knowledgeable.

Our trips to both La Paz and Cabo Pulmo were turn-key, handled by Manta, with a Manta dive master on the boats with us. They loaded us and our gear into a van and delivered us to either the La Paz marina or the Cabo Pulmo shoreside.

We have just booked to go late Oct/start of Nov -- from what we've read it seems like a popular time to visit. We are basing ourselves in Cabo San Lucas & are planning to dive with Dive Ninjas Dive Ninja - PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Center in Cabo San Lucas They do loads of conservation work & research which I really like, plus they'll take us to Gordo Banks & up to La Paz as well. Very excited!!

Thank you Carlos-
Yes, warm water and good vis would be what I would want!
I have a place to stay - would just be looking for a good dive op to dive with.
Is there a Hurricane season there? If so, would that probably be sometime around Aug.- Oct?
I do work in Cabo Pulmo National Park as an Instructor :), so if you need I can help with your reservation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom