Best Oahu Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Going to be in Oahu in 2 weeks and am an advanced diver.. looking to hit the best spots. Anyone have any suggestions on the best dive operations who go to the best dive sites?

I guess that depends on what your flavor is such as wrecks, reefs, rock formations, wildlife big and small.more information about what your looking to see would help as for the best dive ops....@ Waikiki Dive Center "808-922-2121" we do strive to make your dives memorable.the fact that we own two dive boats affords us options to dive different areas on the Island.we also do trips to north shore, which I think has the best shore diving on the Island. Kaimana divers owned by gabe scottie is a great guy "808-772-1795", if anyone had a bad word to say about the guy they must have whispered it. my short list is not to say that everyone else is a bad dive op. im just doing my best to keep my opinion unbiased.

As mentioned, it really depends on what you're looking for. To my mind, Oahu seems to specialize in wrecks, dramatic reefs, and endemic wildlife. There are a couple of spots to encounter big stuff like dolphins and big sharks (other than turtles that seem to be everywhere), but you'll most likely trade in the scuba for a snorkel and mask for them. Give us a few specifics on what you want and we'll be glad to help.

I only have time for 2 days of diving in Oahu so I am looking for a good mix of dive sites, I guess. With a good Dive Op that doesn't have super-crowded boats. I am staying in Waikiki but could go where the best diving is..

your welcome gabe....by the way saw that stingray the other day at the corsair was kind of far off but i did get a couple shots,will post them on fb later.

I'm a fan of the West Side for boat diving as it features many wrecks in mid-deep (75-100 fsw) water as well as some gorgeous reefs (Makaha being a favorite of mine). If the North Shore is happening then there is some awesome shore diving there (Haleiwa Trench, Shark's Cove), haven't done any boat diving on that side unfortunately :(.

Peace,
Greg

there's no way anyone can answer the question, "where's the best diving?" because whats good, or not good to some isn't the same to everyone. I personally like the wreck on the 350 ledge off of Maile and the near by shark cave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom