Best Panasonic GH5 settings for video?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flspy

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a GH5 and a Nauticam housing. As I am becoming more familiar with both, I am getting overwhelmed by the amount of choices to make when setting up the system. Does Continuous AF work underwater? What AF settings would be best? How about the new stabilization?

If anyone has some "best practices" it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm soon to be owner of same rig. Curious what you learn/have learned so far. Went with the N120 wide angle port and Olympus M.Zuiko ED 7-14mm f/2.8. Ordered...and waiting for arrival!

Here are the general settings I've been using. Just took the GH5 and nauticam housing to Komodo. Settings will also depend on how much light you have--ambient and video lights. I used the Olympus Pro Fisheye and 12-50mm lens.
  • Color profile: Natural
  • Shutter Angle: 180
  • ISO: Auto (still figuring if this is the best choice)
  • Aperture: Manually adjust for depth of field and light
  • Focus: Manual with backbutton auto focus turned on.
  • Stabilization: On
  • Recording: 4k60p
  • White Balance: Custom (I set two white balances on a grey slate. One with ambient light, one with video lights and switch between the two.)
  • Focus peaking: On
  • Exposure peaking: On

Back
Top Bottom