Best Phuket Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, the Phuket boats are so much better now. That includes the daytrip boats as well. I went out with Dive Asia's new daytrip boat last week. Completely new and very nice.

Dived with kingfisher divers earlier this year. Deff recommend them, the 2 guys running the operation really know their stuff, took us around similans and up as far as richelieu rock - that was worth it on its own!

Jean from Kingfisher is a great guy.

But you cant compare The Kingfisher with a luxury motor yacht like the Panunee or The Viking.

I hear he plans to have 1 or 2 big MY's soon.

Ali is back in Thailand now, he is working as a DM on Dive Master I.
Dive master I would probably be in the same class as Panunee. Been on Panunee twice last year, Similan and Burma. Love the feeling of wrapping hot towel around me after the afternoon and night dives.

Hi 734!,

I think you made a typo its Aqua 1 not DM1?

Aqua One has KBR's head guide and Ali this season which will be quite something - we could be a position were the Sim's is actually considered a Macro Location with these two stars working their craft there. After this season they are all off to Komodo via Manadao - the Aqua One has now become THE boat to dive off in my mind (will have to save my pennies though - cheap it is not).

I did the Panunee last weekend again which was my 3rd time this year - great boat, great people. Chuay is a star!!

cmdasia once bubbled...
Hi 734!,

. After this season they are all off to Komodo via Manadao - the Aqua One has now become THE boat to dive off in my mind (will have to save my pennies though - cheap it is not).

Oh, is that mean we'll have to save some money for Komodo trip next year? Most boats will either leave from Labuan Bajo or Bima to go to Komodo, a few will do Bali-Komodo but I imagine that Manado-Komodo would be quite a long ride. Bali-Komodo would be ideal, do a few dive for mola mola there first then Komodo after :)

No, cdmasia, I did not. If Ali is with Aqua I now, it meant that he has made another move.

I also agree that Aqua I is the boat to dive off now, but can't afford that boat yet.

Hey ssra

You seem like a big fan of the Panunee - have you been recently? I have just booked flights to Thailand (in between jobs) and was going to go to the Similans on the Panunee - are you still as enthusiastic about it as you were before?

Abopp:
Hey ssra

You seem like a big fan of the Panunee - have you been recently? I have just booked flights to Thailand (in between jobs) and was going to go to the Similans on the Panunee - are you still as enthusiastic about it as you were before?

Yes, my opinion of the boat is still the same. Generally I will try to go at least one trip with the boat once a year. Will be on Burma trip in Febraury with the Panunee and hopefully Lembeh sometimes in August/September 2005. There are some staffs change since the middle of this year but a couple of friends who had been on the boat since then still like the boat very much so hopefully everything should still be ok.

scuba734:
No, cdmasia, I did not. If Ali is with Aqua I now, it meant that he has made another move.

I also agree that Aqua I is the boat to dive off now, but can't afford that boat yet.

I ran into Ali on Phi Phi during the last week of October this year. He was working on the Aqua One that week. I believe that he's been with Aqua One since he switched from Panunee - I was diving in and around Komodo with Aqua One in June and Ali was there.

Back
Top Bottom