Best Place for a Try Dive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBaby

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All

Its been a while since posting so apologises for any "rustiness" !

My boyfriend and I have just booked the most amazing holiday next year and I'm hoping to get him into diving.

We went to Mexico at the beginning of this year and thought a nice easy intro. into the world of water would be a good snorkelling trip. Unfortunately it went wrong when it wasn't very well organised and took us into choppy waters and they batted the fish....not too popular with me!

So, our holiday next year consists of 7 days in Florida to visit some friends, do some sights and the obvious. Then we are going to Cape Canerval for get onto a Cruise for 7 days visiting Bahamas (Nassau), St Maarten and St Thomas.

I would really like to get wet and at the same time get Gary on a try dive but would like advice on where would be the best place out of the three main ports we will be visiting.

Any advice, experiences or ideas would be really gratefully received!

My 1st advice would be,do a trydive backhome.
Just some time in a pool to get him comfy with the gear and some basic skills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom