Best Place for Strobe Parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sure this has been asked, but I am turning up only old threads -

Where is the best place to get parts for your strobe?

In my case, a Sea and Sea YS-01.

O-rings? What about body parts, like if I drop it and crack something? The Internet search comes up with nothing but the whole thing. (But Google is dialed in to vendors.)

Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked, but I am turning up only old threads -

Where is the best place to get parts for your strobe?

In my case, a Sea and Sea YS-01.

O-rings? What about body parts, like if I drop it and crack something? The Internet search comes up with nothing but the whole thing. (But Google is dialed in to vendors.)

Thanks!
You can get o-rings from a variety of places, and change the S&S ones to black Buna-n/nitrile while you are at it. Body parts (other than the battery cap) can only be gotten from S&S or one of their dealers. Reef has a bunch of parts for strobes on their website.
Bill

Reactions: Jax
You can get o-rings from a variety of places, and change the S&S ones to black Buna-n/nitrile while you are at it. Body parts (other than the battery cap) can only be gotten from S&S or one of their dealers. Reef has a bunch of parts for strobes on their website.
Bill

Thanks. I'm not finding Buna-n/nitrile on the Reef site - any hints? The search facility on Reef is not helpful.

Thanks. I'm not finding Buna-n/nitrile on the Reef site - any hints? The search facility on Reef is not helpful.

Sorry. The o-rings you can get anywhere and they don't need to be S&S. Take on off, measure it and get the same size (JIS almost certainly). On the Reef site, click on S&S and then on spare parts. They have the caps and the springs for the strobes there. For example
Sea & Sea Replacement Battery Cap for YS-60/90/110/120 Strobes [ss.9801.500] - $55.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
is the battery cap for the strobe.
Sea & Sea O-Ring Set for YS-30/YS-90/YS-110 [ss.10580] - $14.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
is for the o-ring set for the 110 strobe
Bill

Sorry. The o-rings you can get anywhere and they don't need to be S&S. Take on off, measure it and get the same size (JIS almost certainly). On the Reef site, click on S&S and then on spare parts. They have the caps and the springs for the strobes there. For example
Sea & Sea Replacement Battery Cap for YS-60/90/110/120 Strobes [ss.9801.500] - $55.95 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
is the battery cap for the strobe.
Sea & Sea O-Ring Set for YS-30/YS-90/YS-110 [ss.10580] - $14.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
is for the o-ring set for the 110 strobe
Bill

Ah - perhaps there is my confusion -- are the parts for the YS-110 the same as the YS-01??

I did not know this.

Ah - perhaps there is my confusion -- are the parts for the YS-110 the same as the YS-01??

I did not know this.

I believe they all use the same cap and o-ring. I have a lot of spares, will measure one and see what size it actually is..O-rings should be a low cost item.

Reactions: Jax
I believe they all use the same cap and o-ring. I have a lot of spares, will measure one and see what size it actually is..O-rings should be a low cost item.

Thanks, Puffer! :eek:k:

Do you agree it is worth looking for the Buna-n / nitrile rubber rings? What would be the advantage in that type of rubber over the S&S stock O-ring?

Thanks, Puffer! :eek:k:

Do you agree it is worth looking for the Buna-n / nitrile rubber rings? What would be the advantage in that type of rubber over the S&S stock O-ring?

Well for starters, $15.00 for an Oring is silly.

Buna-n would have less memory issues, and if one got a small bag of them, could just replace them every 20 or 30 dives.

Over the years, I've have 3 oring leaks with my YS 110's...and every time it was something so small at was hard to see (cat hair the last time).

Yay, I got my YS-01!!! (Head only)

Now I need the diffuser, the mount-bolt, and a camera + strobe mount. :hm: Which one? I have the Canon case for the G-10.

Hey, Puffer, I bet you didn't think it would take me a year to get around to this! Thanks so much for all your advice!!!!! :hugs:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom