Best place to purchase women's swim suits for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

catherine96821:
Victoria's Secret suits are cheap and I love catalog shopping and ordering via internet.

That way, I can dodge the bad lighting in the fitting rooms. They even pay the return shipping, so I'll order a bunch and try them on at home and return the others.

There had to be someone with class/style :D

I just find speedos LESS modest, ifffa you know what I mean....

I like two peices so that I can do the towel change.

But, watch out for leaving the bottoms behind, they have been known to appear on the flag pole. ... friggin pirates.

hey---I am a woman, and I have my views.

really good athletic suits are in the Athleta site
http://www.athleta.com/shopping/sea...ute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=swim+suits

also, title nine

http://www.titlenine.com/shopping/s...ute15=0&attribute16=0&RS=1&keyword=swim+suits

We were on the north shore yesterday...oh boy, Patagonia has some cute women's suits now! I am going to sneak off this week and go back, when I have time to try stuff on.

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/sea...&Ntt=womens+swim+suits&search.x=20&search.y=3

Another vote for TYR. Not all of their models but fair few (reversible, guard) seem to hold pretty nicely. I do not dive in pools but used mine under the wetsuit all the time, and they still stayed decent for beach use. However my one-piece TYRs go to pool and been holding on as good as my under-the-wetsuit-bikinis. Aeroskin makes good stuff, never tried their shorter stuff though but their skins rock.

Anyone know more good online-sellers???
The above mentioned keifer.com is actually kiefer.com, and swimoutlet.com has very limited selection on TYR

I wear cheap one piece suits in the pool.. Either Costco or end of year sale.. The chlorine ruins the suit no matter what.. I like full coverage tankinis for open water, where I usually dive dry.. I like both LL Bean and Lands end.

mania:
leah
I do the opposite. I buy cheap swimming suits so then I don't care whether they get ruined quickly by chlorine water (which here is the most common way used in pools). Then simply I get another one.

The same goes for swimming suit under the wetsuit becasue they are also destroyed rather quickly by wetsuit. In both cases I buy one piece swimming suit, not bikini style
:D
Mania

I buy cheapies too. In fact the last couple I bought from Costco. $20 each. How could I go wrong?

I just bought two suits made for scuba diving they were $15 each. great deal in my opinion. It is a one peice that zips up the front and was very comfortable. Try www.newport-news.com I am very tall and they make the suit in regular, women's and tall sizes. Hope this helps. I have not been brave enough to try a two-piece yet. Not sure that other people would enjoy the peap show.

Thanks, I will check out some of those spots and links mentioned above.

I purchased several suits last year and the cheaper ones actually seemed to hold up better in the pool--although they are very ugly prints. I had one I really liked for diving and after a couple of trips to the pool it ate the elastic in the fabric. I was shocked at how quickly the pool ate it up.

Well, I am off the to the pool tonight to do some drills in my new gear. I have a couple of suits still hanging on, but they are not long for this world.

Thanks

I keep suits just for working with classes in the pool.. Be very wary of suits not long for this world... wardrobe malfunction ?! :eek_2:

Leah...

Interesting that this topic should come up. I just finished a swimsuit article for X-Ray Magazine (online diving publication out of Europe) for Issue #16, due out on April 1st. They will have an entire section of the magazine devoted to swimsuits.

Be sure to check them out...

http://www.xray-mag.com

.. And let me speak up for those of us who are a bit more <cough> generously proportioned... www.junonia.com has great suits for size 14 and over. SOme of them are specially designed for chlorine...others for warmth...

www.h2owear.com professional / industrial swim garments from XS (I think) to 3XL

Liz

Back
Top Bottom