Best place to purchase??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KickDrumX2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well I have finally broken down and decided I "need" a solid camera. I think I am going to go with the Canon S95 and Recsea underwater housing.

So my question to all you salty photographers out there is: Where is the best place to purchase online or do you know of any good local dealers willing to ship overseas?

Most of the bigger stores such as Reef, Backscatter, Opticaloceansales etc all get consistently good reviews, but check how import duties etc will effect you first. I've been stung in the UK before for this so although cameras underwater may be a dearer list price compared to the US stores, it will be more cost effective for me to use someone like them in the future

+2 on all of the above businesses. I would also suggest B&H Photo/Video (They have UW equipment as well as above water):
Here's the link to the S95 for you:

canon s95

I have to say that divervision is great. They dont have any phone number but they are answered my mails in short time. If you dont have with your custom you can try. They sent my items in 4 days (international shipping) whis was great. But ı need to spent aditional 4 days for our custom which is not their bad. As far as I know they are also reply this forum.

divervision.com

When it comes to photography gear and supplies, its hard to beat B&H Photo out of NYC Ny. I've done business with them for a few years, and have visited the store once. Never found any one to beat their prices. Now I haven't checked out the sites listed above in this forum but B&H is the leader in photography online sales in my opinion.
Good Luck and enjoy your camera were ever you get it from
Dennis

I'm thinking most will ship overseas------if the money is right.......

You could look in my sig. Hey, there are several good places and I have purchased equipment from all of them and had no issues that were not resolved.

N

Back
Top Bottom