Best place to stay in Bonaire March 6th, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterDance

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Husband and I have finally decided on Bonaire for our trip in March 2010. Arrival date March 6th - 1 week.

So, where do we stay??? I have started the search on past posts, but time is of the essence.

From what I know by searching -
Buddy Dive Resort - booked
Belmar oceanfront apartments - booked

options available Caribbean Club? Divi Flamingo?

If it is an old post, just direct me to it.

Thanks!

Plaza is running a pretty good deal right now.

Go to Bonairepros.com they can get you some great deals! The name says it all!
480__MG_0282_Diver_on_reef_Klein_Bonaire_09.jpg

Your going to love it!

I can only speak for Eden Beach resort, where I've gone twice with the Parrot Island scuba club and plan to go again. They've got another group trip planned for your dates; you can see the cost at Scuba Nashville PADI Dive Lessons and Travel. Plenty of room left, as I recall. You don't have to be a member of the Parrot Island club to go, from what I understand.

Richard.

Last edited:
Divi is the only place mentioned so far that's walking distance to downtown.

You might also try Bellefonte in Belnem, it's a little closer to town than BelMar. That area is really quiet and a few minute drive back to town for food or just about anything else.

You'll have to google each one but here's just about all your options: http://www.infobonaire.com/hotels.html

btw, Soroban is clothing optional...anything on Lac Bay is really more for windsurfing than diving.

Waterdance..In all honesty, never mind the best place to stay, the real problem is that most places are already booked for March and your problem is going to be finding availability. Many folks book 6 months in advance and some even a year for highly desirable time slots.

My advise is to try this website's one shot budget accommodations search, and then take if from there. The site also breaks down accommodations by price.
Good luck and enjoy your visit.

Info Bonaire - Hotels & Accommodations - Resorts, Condos, Inns, Apartments, Houses and other accommodations

PS and when you decide on a return trip, it definitely pays to plan further ahead. :wink:

Depends on what you are interested in. For on water accomidations try Den Laman. For a less expensive but off the water price, try Golden Reef Inn. Either place you will have a good time but at this late date it may be a matter of where you can find a room as opposed to being chosey about where you stay. Last minute during high season is not the easiest time to book.

I have stayed many times at the Black Durgon Inn. its a great place. Everyone seems to have their favorites. it is all about you and what you want and what's important to you. Their are plenty of places and would try Bonaire talk as well. Good hunting and have a great time. Wish I was going. Have been for the last 6 or 7 March's but sadly not this one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom