Best regulators for sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An XStream is great for the under chin reg as it doesn't get in the way of even a different model with a large exhale housing. It makes looking down and around your body, while on either reg, very easy, without the under chin reg bumping against the in-mouth reg.
Not a PNW unique issue, but a benefit of a powerful PNW reg.
A great cold water and indestructable reg in general.

Only issue with Poseidons is lack of a turret (I don't personally care about 5th ports).

I’d also echo Poseidon, especially for the cold PNW, when I briefly did side-mount diving, after a back injury — and managed to use all of their models interchangeably.

Of the three, I preferred the Jetstream for their switches (over the Cyklon and Xstream), which ensured a leak-free surf entry -- and really had no need or interest for a turret . . .

HOG is what I use for sidemount. They also sell a sidemount kit with everything you need. It's a great reg system and from what I've heard it's easy to work on yourself. I haven't gotten to that point where maintenance is needed just yet. It breathes easy, great reg set, great quality and great price.

I run a pair of Deep Six Signature regs for my sidemount setup. I purchased an extra second stage for one of the sets and install it when my daughter wants to dive backmount. Deep Six was the best quality/performance/value I found.

Id have to reccommend Deep6 as the signature series was specifically designed with sidemount in mind. Some ppl will say you dont need the 5th port or the swivel turret, but you will come to find out that to have a truly streamlined setup you do. The 5th port means you can run an 6-9in hose straight to your bc/drysuit, and the turret in combination with slender and long design of the body means when you go to deploy your long hose, or in rare case your short hose, as it pulls away from you the turret flips over and clears the valve, meaning there's no impingement on the hose.

They also have a premade s/m package:

MK19 and S620Ti is what I run, but I lust after the G260, but not really for any good reason.

I agree that you will want the 5th port and a swivel turret.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom