Best scuba advice you’ve received

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Best advice I got on scuba was on this link

And lose the opportunity to read the most infinite wisdom and awesome advice from this machine???? You can't be serious, are you?????

If you do this, you are gonna die. How good the first part is irrelevant. What is is to never forget that one can die diving. So one needs to be extra careful every step of the way. This helps avoiding complacency.

Likely been said a dozen or more times, but....

Slow down!

Likely been said a dozen or more times, but....

Slow down!
I learned to do a demonstration at the start of my OW classes that helped students understand that there was no hurry doing things while diving.

I would lie on my right side, with my right elbow on the pool floor and my hand supporting my head--the ideal of bored repose. I would take the regulator out of my mouth and set it on on the floor while I blew a tiny stream of bubbles. I would drum the fingers of my left hand on the floor, a sign of boredom. I would look at my watch. Eventually, I would pick up the regulator, put it in my mouth, and purge it.

Once I started doing that, students were almost universally calm and relaxed on all our skills.

Think about tomorrow today and if you you dont have control over it don't think about it

Go doubles, go dry and go cave.
One could debate Go Cave. After I got back from doing full cave in Mexico (in 2010), the next week end, I went with a good friend and buddy on a dive out of Chicago and this dive just did not have the same allure that the Great Lakes dives once had and it was the last one I did.
Was it the cold water or just did not have the interest they once had? I don't know. Had a lot of good dives in Michigan, Huron and Erie and made a lot of friends and memories.

I was just chatting with my TDI ANDP instructor and said I was concerned about doing the course using twins without enough training in Twinsets and asked could I do additional training. He replied that to do the TDI ANDP Course with him he will not teach it unless the student has already completed the intro to tech diving course on twinset or a side mount course.

I have done a previous course with this instructor in 2014 and we have dived together outside of training as well.
Best advice I got so far

SCREENSHOT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom