Question Best Shore Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Macabuca web cam … you may see divers walking by the tiki bar now and then going to entry.

I don't think there is access at Cobalt since closure. I would add Sunset House to the list. If the weather is bad and the sites at NW Point are blown out, you can usually still get in and out safely at Sunset. There is a wreck there and if you are prepared for a long surface swim, a wall as well.

Hi @JustinLoos1985

Good operator, easy entrance, short swim to the mini wall, good, and complimentary, in both directions, lots of good reef and sea life, and you can eat and drink at Macabuca if it's the last dive of the day. Great place to watch the sunset or a good night dive.
Thank you, I appreciate the advice.

H
I don't think there is access at Cobalt since closure. I would add Sunset House to the list. If the weather is bad and the sites at NW Point are blown out, you can usually still get in and out safely at Sunset. There is a wreck there and if you are prepared for a long surface swim, a wall as well.
Thank

Awesome, I’m up for that. How far out and in which direction?

Where do you guys rent tanks? My buddy and I are comfortable going without a guide.

One rents tanks at the dive op on site. I think they all frown on outside tanks. None of the shore dive sites listed above require a dive guide and all are pretty easy navigation. For a night dive, I know that Macabuca/Sundivers will leave tanks and weights out for divers if they arrange in advance. Don't know about the other ops as I don't usually night dive them.

We stayed at Compass Point on the East Side but drove over to Eden Rock for an afternoon shore dive. Devil's Grotto is a really cool dive with lots of swim-throughs. It's a bit of a swim out from the dive op, so bring your snorkel :) Having a bite to eat and a beer at a beach side cafe after the dive was a definite plus.

Thank you! This information is very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom