Best single tank wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bell47

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm not going back to a jacket BC!!! I need a single tank wing for my backplate/harness. I've got an Apeks wing for my doubles that I'm happy with. I've seen single tank wings from OMS, Apeks, Halcyon, and a couple of others. It would mostly be used with a SS backplate and Alum 80-100's, but I'm going to start phasing out the alums for steel 119's as they seem a good fit for most of my diving. Also looking at the Apollo bio tank band, any other ideas for tank bands/straps?:diver:

Take a look at the Deep Sea Supply wings: https://www.deepseasupply.com/

As far as tank cam straps: Look at the Dive Rite straps with stainless steel cam buckle. My opinion is that the Apollo Bio tank strap is a solution searching for a problem :D Conventional tank straps work fine, I prefer stainless steel cam buckle for durability.

Best wishes.

Ditto on Deep Sea Supply's wings.

Also looking at the Apollo bio tank band, any other ideas for tank bands/straps?:diver:

Just my opinion but stay with cam straps with SS buckles. I had to abort two dives and get a new strap on a trip because my Apollo tank band failed. It's overkill and another failure point. Waste of money.

Althought I use and like a Apollo tank band to strap my pony to my primary tank it isn't the best solution I've found for my BCD and BP&W configurations.
For those I prefer the ScubaMax latching SS bands. They are easy to adjust, easy to latch, solidly grip the tank and release quickly and easily.
As for a great singles wing I'm really quite happy with my Oxycheq Mark V.

I just got a HOG and really like it. For the price, I had reservations about quality, but after it arrived, I quickly changed my mind. I'm now sold on them. Under $200 for all sizes.

Here you go: Wings

I use a DiveRite Travel wing when diving singles (Al80 Al 100 and up to 15l (232Bar) steel cylinders and have had no problems (I also often side sling an Al40) I dont use an STA just slot two cambands through the plate.

As for single tank wings go. I think halcyon makes the best wings ie. quality and balance . I also like the older venture wing from diverite and the dss wing .
As for a single tank andapter i have a dive rite abs plastic one with the dive rite .The halcyon weighted single tank adapter is nice since it mounts 6 lbs on your back take the weight off your belt. Always use stainless steel buckels . Dont bother with the plastic buckels they fail way to often .

I've owned and used singles wings from Dive Rite (Rec and Venture), DSS (Travel 18, LCD30 and Torus 35), Halcyon (Eclipse 40), and Oxycheq (Razor 30 and Signature 45).

Of the ones I've used I like the DSS Torus 35 the best. It and the Halcyon Eclipse are the best overall performers in terms of nice balance, easy venting and remarkable durability. The DSS is less expensive and doesn't require a single tank adapter. Plus, for travel, it packs a lot smaller than the Eclipse.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Check this wing out. It's set up with a built in STA to prevent roll. SS cam straps and SS inflator parts. Definately my go to wing for singles up to S130's.

Popup Window 299583

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom